PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Could Windows mobile 7 be for real

CES is starting tommorrow and we should have a bunch of tibits over the next four days on Windows 7.

(Now back to the Unicorn hunt!)
Old 01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

lacklustre484 is just getting started

I just got off the phone with a Tier 2 tech support for VZW. When I upgraded to the 6.5 ROM, my phone wiped out the Auth Key and I needed to manually enter a new one. Long story short, she said that a few months back Microsoft threw a Win Mo 6.5 kickoff event at VZW to get questions answered and such. She said that the MS rep told them there would be two new ROMs released in 2010 for VZW's HTC TP2 - WinMo 6.5 and WinMo 7. They are apparently training now for WinMo 7.

..for what its worth.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacklustre484 View Post
I just got off the phone with a Tier 2 tech support for VZW. When I upgraded to the 6.5 ROM, my phone wiped out the Auth Key and I needed to manually enter a new one. Long story short, she said that a few months back Microsoft threw a Win Mo 6.5 kickoff event at VZW to get questions answered and such. She said that the MS rep told them there would be two new ROMs released in 2010 for VZW's HTC TP2 - WinMo 6.5 and WinMo 7. They are apparently training now for WinMo 7.

..for what its worth.
will believe it when he sees it
I can see if vzw is starting training for preliminary builds for wm for new devices that verizon will have that is wm7 capable...but again vzw tp2 cannot run wm 7. If it does I swear I will eat a hat in hot sauce

now we may get a 6.5.3 rom and if we do I would love verizon forever and ever...I mean dear god I would love them...and rub it in the face of sprint XD
Old 01-10-2010, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

italianamericn is a n00b

With as long as it has taken 6.5 to come out i am not expecting anything like 7 to come out while i'm still physically capable of standing on my own two feet.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

this thread needs to be closed, its giving people false hope. Windows mobile 7 is real and will be released this year. Windows mobile 7 will not see the tp2, its that simple.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Banned User
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
this thread needs to be closed, its giving people false hope. Windows mobile 7 is real and will be released this year. Windows mobile 7 will not see the tp2, its that simple.
Don't jump too quickly at that original thought that WM7 would not come to the TP2. Windows 7 is sooooo backwards compatible that it almost makes me feel like they could do the same thing with Windows Mobile. METAPHOR: Just think, the Windows Mobile version of Aero might not be able to run on the TP2, but WM7 could still be installed on it!

Plus, there's no way they are waiting until the end of the year to release WM7. Six months ago when Microsoft realized how bad they were in the mobile department, pretty sure they beefed up the staffing 10 fold to catch up.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Don't jump too quickly at that original thought that WM7 would not come to the TP2. Windows 7 is sooooo backwards compatible that it almost makes me feel like they could do the same thing with Windows Mobile. METAPHOR: Just think, the Windows Mobile version of Aero might not be able to run on the TP2, but WM7 could still be installed on it!

Plus, there's no way they are waiting until the end of the year to release WM7. Six months ago when Microsoft realized how bad they were in the mobile department, pretty sure they beefed up the staffing 10 fold to catch up.
i'm not saying its not possible, but if winmo 7 comes to the tp2, it will not work properly, therefore windows and htc will never bring it to tp2. sure some chef will probably rip it off and figure out a way to port it over like they are doing droid. But the lack of ram and processing power that the tp2 has, winmo 7 will not function properly on it. even with manilla 2.5 the tp2 is having ram issues (closing programs, opera 9.7 getting memory issues).
Old 01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Banned User
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i'm not saying its not possible, but if winmo 7 comes to the tp2, it will not work properly, therefore windows and htc will never bring it to tp2. sure some chef will probably rip it off and figure out a way to port it over like they are doing droid. But the lack of ram and processing power that the tp2 has, winmo 7 will not function properly on it. even with manilla 2.5 the tp2 is having ram issues (closing programs, opera 9.7 getting memory issues).
That doesn't necessarily mean it will not function properly!

I'm still sticking with that view that with poorer functioning computers, you can still install Windows 7 on it, you just won't get Aero and you'll get an annoyingly brightly colored taskbar that's impossible to read!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

it would be too laggy. not worth it to me
Old 01-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimecm View Post
it would be too laggy. not worth it to me
You are correct. I don't think they are realizing they will not be getting nowhere near the experience they are suppose to have. It is definitely possible to make it work on the tp2, but the lag will be unbearable plus you will probably be only able to open up 1 program at a time because the ram is going to be used up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2