PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Could Windows mobile 7 be for real

I am definiely going to echo in on a comment regarding how not bad winmo really is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btIRYSd-wvw
on an iphone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DICph...video_response

one thing that really intrigued me is the power dx has over opengl...says a lot to me...
Old 01-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I am definiely going to echo in on a comment regarding how not bad winmo really is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btIRYSd-wvw
on an iphone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DICph...video_response

one thing that really intrigued me is the power dx has over opengl...says a lot to me...
That has nothing to do with an OS, and everything to do with hardware
Old 01-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
That has nothing to do with an OS, and everything to do with hardware
which is why winmo is hated on alot of the time. If they wouldve been putting in snapdragon processors and capacitive screens, many people wouldn't have left winmo. They are taking too long to jump on.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-02-2010, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
Old 01-02-2010, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Scrufdog is keeping up the good workScrufdog is keeping up the good work

the TP2 will never see it, but at this point I'm not concerned about it. By the time WinMo7 comes out, I'll most likely be running an Android ROM on my TP2

Old 01-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrufdog View Post
the TP2 will never see it, but at this point I'm not concerned about it. By the time WinMo7 comes out, I'll most likely be running an Android ROM on my TP2
I still doubt it will work right for CDMA. Been holding my breath for CMDA since the TP1 days.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
which is why winmo is hated on alot of the time. If they wouldve been putting in snapdragon processors and capacitive screens, many people wouldn't have left winmo. They are taking too long to jump on.
ding
many people argue the hardware/software is dated, winmo based hardware will never run games like the iphone does...
the two links kinda dismiss tha argument quite a bit...even on our non gpu accelerated devices, we are getting some really good games coming our way (most recent notables crayon physics and pangya golf)
Old 01-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm not sure what's the point of this thread anymore...probably gonna close it soon.

Re: is WM7 real? Of course it's real, I know people who have seen it (hello Mobius).

Will it officially come to the TP2? Absolutely, definitely NO.

HD2? Maybe.

Could we force it on the TP2? Possibly, but it's gonna be pretty bad on it as we won't have the hardware API's to take advantage of the OS guts.

Watch for announcements in the Spring and read specific WinMo dedicated sites, as they may cover the topic routinely, ahem.

btw, my eXpo beats an iPhone pretty easily in most regards. Microsoft has all the right pieces, they just need to execute it well.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: VzW

Okeif_ObD is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post

Not to be contrite, but snapdragon processors and capacitive screens aren't necessarily without their own drawbacks.

Sure, you may get more graphics with a snapdragon processor, but if your phone is used primarily for work or just for communication, then that's a mighty large power-drain.

And, equally, capacitive screens have their own limitations; i.e. no stylus. Fat-finger friendly-only may work for the luddites, but I know after 10 years of WinMo I still use my stylus 30-40% of the time.

Sure, I think WinMo needs to start setting the bar with respect to h/w, but I don't think that should come at anyone's expense. The quickest way to kill WinMo, or any other, is to try and replicate someone else's success to the 'T'.

As for this thread: FoF.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

warxhead is a n00b

I've also read somewhere that Windows Mobile 7 requires a multi touch display. So that would vastly limit the possibilities to which our Touch Pro 2s can do with the operating system.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2