PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Phone--->tmobile internet and ATT also??

Hmmm..
Would it be possible to set up a Sprint TP2 that has been security unlocked to use my sprint data plan, and my comapanies ATT voice plan using the sim card?

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 01-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Sprint Phone--->tmobile internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsytrance View Post
Yes, you are wrong. Please read below.

I can confirm that this works. I currently have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 running Mighty Rom 6.5 (011010). For those that don't know, if you are on Sprint, you can currently get out of your contract with no ETF due to an increase in their Regulatory Fee on Jan. 1st, 2010.

Anyway, I just ported my number over to the T-Mobile Even More Plus plan which includes 500 minutes, Unlimited Texting, and Unlimited Data. I popped the T-Mobile SIM into my TP2 and first set up voice following these instructions (thanks goes to user "NIKKG" for this):

1. Open the phone's dialpad.
2. Click on Menu\Options
3. Click on the "Network" tab.
4. Under "Mode of Operation" select "GSM/UMTS only"
5. In the same screen, under "GSM Network Selection" select "Manual"
6. In the same screen, click on "Set Networks" and/or "Find Network" and make sure you select "T-Mobile." If you get a screen with a whole list of phone providers with checkboxes next to them, leave them all checked and just make sure T-Mobile is at the top.
7. Go to the GSM/UMTS Services Tab
8. Click on "Band" (Note: I didn't see the "Band" setting on Calkulin's 6.5 ROM, but it's definitely on Mighty's)
9. Click on "Get Settings"
10. Under "Select your network type" select "GSM"
11. On the same screen, under "select your GSM/UMTS band" select "GSM(1900 + 850) + UMTS(1900+850)

That sets up voice. Here's how to set up data (thank you, user "electronicrice"):

1. Go to "Settings\Connections" on your phone
2. Click on "Manage existing connections"
3. Hold the stylus down on the Sprint connection and select "delete"
4. On the same screen, click "New" at the bottom right"
5. Under "Enter a name for the connection" EDIT: keep the default name of "My Connection" For some reason, if you edit this name, your data will NOT work.
6. On the same screen, make sure you change "Select a modem" from "Cellular Line" to "Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G)" (<--- that's the part that killed me, I just left it at "Cellular Line" without seeing if there were other options)
7. Under "Access point name" type: epc.tmobile.com
8. Leave everything blank on the next screen (User name, password, domain) Just click "Finish".
9. Click "OK" at the topright until you get back to the homescreen.
10. SOFT RESET! I changed my settings over and over and tried different access points, until I realized all I had to do was soft reset.

This should get everything working, e.g. voice and data, on a Sprint Touch Pro 2 using a T-Mobile SIM card on the Even More Plus plan. I'm sure it will work on other data plans, but I can only confirm it works with this particular one. Now, I was having problems with voice last night, where the phone would constantly lose signal whenever I changed locations until I manually set up voice again. I'll see if I'm still having this problems when I go to work today and maybe we can all put our heads together and fix it.

Hope this works for you!
Ok so I feel retarded now. I can get voice to work just fine. the tmobile sim card I'm adding in has internet. It's from a blackberry. I delete the sprint settings and restart, and the damn Sprint setting show up again! upon soft reset, i see it dialing #777 so I went into settings to delete it. Then I choose tmobile settings that you listed and it can't connectd. So I tried soft resetting again. Sprint showed up and I had to delete it again. *sigh* I'm on mal rom 1.5 23518.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:48 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Are you making sure that the phone is in GSM mode not CDMA only or Global under the phone settings network tab? If its still able to pick up cdma settings it will autodownload the settings back.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

hey, is it possible to keep using sprint's voice and use another carrier's data? i only get sprint 1x in my area i did the roaming only reg edit and i still only get 1x while roaming. can some1 help me out with this? im only getting like 10-20kbps on 1x
Old 02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

that is not possible. Although the phone supports gsm and cdma the radios cannot be activated simultaneously, its an either or option.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

hey, is it possible to keep using sprint's voice and use another carrier's data? i only get sprint 1x in my area i did the roaming only reg edit and i still only get 1x while roaming. can some1 help me out with this? im only getting like 10-20kbps on 1x
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
that is not possible. Although the phone supports gsm and cdma the radios cannot be activated simultaneously, its an either or option.
So it is possible as long as you don't mind switching back and forth between phone and data. Whenever you want to surf/updates or anything requiring data you would need to switch to GSM mode but you won't receive any calls then switch back to CDMA mode when you are done. Too much trouble IMHO. Good luck.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2