PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2 Paint Flaking off edges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Question - Do any of you keep your phone in your pocket? Just wondering...since anything in pockets can damage a phone...(Keys, change etc). Not saying you do...just wondering.
i suspect that people with loose buttons/paint chipping handle their phones a little rougher than some of us. i have no scratches, paint chipping or loose buttons and i got mine at launch. Everything is still the same as when i got it, just a greasy screen protector

When i put my phone in my pocket, i don't put anything in that pocket except the phone. Putting keys and change? That sounds like a terrible idea.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

RChris173 is a n00b

I have the same paint issue and the middle buttons were loose too...
Old 01-01-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)

reyrey127 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
please quit asking everyone for a manufacturers date in every thread you post in... I feel like every thread i visit now has you in it asking for a date. Even for something retarded like someone bricking their phone due to incompetence.

I know you just got your TP2, but you'll find that it doesn't matter. The only major widespread issue is the stuck pixel problem and that was tackled months ago. And, you will find that recently dated TP2s still have the issue. Enjoy your phone and stop worrying about dates...
but me scurred....
Old 01-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

When i put my phone in my pocket, i don't put anything in that pocket except the phone. Putting keys and change? That sounds like a terrible idea.
That's what the other pocket is for :P

I always put my phone in my front left pocket with the screen facing my leg and my keys and change go in my right pocket.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

iknowsingh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
That's what the other pocket is for :P

I always put my phone in my front left pocket with the screen facing my leg and my keys and change go in my right pocket.
That's exactly how have mine too haha... got my Sprint TP2 on Oct. 1st... no paint chips, scratches or anything *knocks on wood*
Old 01-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Quote:
i suspect that people with loose buttons/paint chipping handle their phones a little rougher than some of us. i have no scratches, paint chipping or loose buttons and i got mine at launch. Everything is still the same as when i got it, just a greasy screen protector

Me too. Someone else's idea of babying their phone may be vastly different from mine. I baby mine by keeping a snap-on case on it at all times, using a screen protector, and always keeping in in an empty pocket or in my purse. Someone else might 'baby' it by being careful not to drop it from any higher than 3 feet.

My manufacture date is 8-15-09 & I have no paint chips. I almost wish I did though, I want the front bezel to match my dyed black battery cover :S

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 01-01-2010, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)

reyrey127 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Me too. Someone else's idea of babying their phone may be vastly different from mine. I baby mine by keeping a snap-on case on it at all times, using a screen protector, and always keeping in in an empty pocket or in my purse. Someone else might 'baby' it by being careful not to drop it from any higher than 3 feet.

My manufacture date is 8-15-09 & I have no paint chips. I almost wish I did though, I want the front bezel to match my dyed black battery cover :S
dude.. my phone has been in the sprint box until i get a case.. i put cotton balls around it so she can sleep nice in the box... i hope she is comfy in there..
Old 01-01-2010, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

vicko5000 is just getting started

Quote:
i suspect that people with loose buttons/paint chipping handle their phones a little rougher than some of us. i have no scratches, paint chipping or loose buttons and i got mine at launch.
im not sure if you guys agree but manufacturers cant expect us all to use belt holsters and carry our phones in cases....

i believe the norm is putting the phone in your pocket or purse but I also agree thought that we should not complain if it gets scratched because of keys in the same pocket..

i always put the phone in my pocket and never have keys or change in the same pocket yet still the paint is flaking off.. ive gone as far as helping it out and scraping off the bits that remained on the right and left edge for a clean finish so its not so visible and annoying but i shouldnt have to do that

Last edited by vicko5000; 01-01-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicko5000 View Post
im not sure if you guys agree but manufacturers cant expect us all to use belt holsters and carry our phones in cases....

i believe the norm is putting the phone in your pocket or purse but I also agree thought that we should not complain if it gets scratched because of keys in the same pocket..

i always put the phone in my pocket and never have keys or change in the same pocket yet still the paint is flaking off.. ive gone as far as helping it out and scraping off the bits that remained on the right and left edge for a clean finish so its not so visible and annoying but i shouldnt have to do that
no case or holster here and no paint chipping. If the paint was as weak as it was on the original TP, we would've had threads about it months ago. There would probably be rioting over it since it was such a huge problem with the TP1.

You must be doing something to cause it to chip faster than the rest of us. Are you wearing tinfoil pants?

It took a year for my tp1 to get 1 small chip, so I'm expecting at least 2 years out of the tp2.. considering there are much less complaints about it. By then I'll have a phone comparable to the hd2 tho, so i'm not concerned
Old 01-02-2010, 05:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

vicko5000 is just getting started

Quote:
You must be doing something to cause it to chip faster than the rest of us. Are you wearing tinfoil pants?

holy smokes! how did you know?? Me and the other people in this thread who have the problem are all wearing tin foil pants .. LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2