PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)
Carrier: Telus

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete
Re: Sprint TP2 Paint Flaking off edges

I'm with Telus and I have taken very good care of my TP2. I can't think of anything I am doing that would have caused the problem but I definitely have the Grey shiny edge around the screen starting to have chips in it. I too wear tinfoil pants but never put my TP2 in my pocket.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

XGuard04 is a n00b

Nothing wrong with my phone. I keep it in my pocket (with nothing else in that pocket) and no case. Although I am considering getting a case because my phone will probably soon follow with your issue...
Old 01-03-2010, 07:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: metro pcs

slr916ek9 is keeping up the good workslr916ek9 is keeping up the good work

just get a case for your belt and everything will be fine..im sure this has to be how you treat your phone..it cant be from where at tear or anything like that..the paint looks to be very thick and even has a clear coat on it..i cant even see it chipping for any reason unless you have hands rough like a gorilla lol..then just buy some GLOVES haha..sorry for the people with this issue
Old 01-03-2010, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

vicko5000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by slr916ek9 View Post
just get a case for your belt and everything will be fine..im sure this has to be how you treat your phone..it cant be from where at tear or anything like that..the paint looks to be very thick and even has a clear coat on it..i cant even see it chipping for any reason unless you have hands rough like a gorilla lol..then just buy some GLOVES haha..sorry for the people with this issue
im not sure all of us agree that the belt holster geek look is the way to go especially if we want to propagate the human race ... and although you claim it cant be from wear and tear because the "paint is thick and even has a clear coat" this many people chiming in saying that they have the problem point more towards there actualy being a problem as opposed to so many of us having "gorilla hands" lol
Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kid_kris is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i suspect that people with loose buttons/paint chipping handle their phones a little rougher than some of us. i have no scratches, paint chipping or loose buttons and i got mine at launch. Everything is still the same as when i got it, just a greasy screen protector

When i put my phone in my pocket, i don't put anything in that pocket except the phone. Putting keys and change? That sounds like a terrible idea.
I have same problem as OP. I have 3 small paint chips about the size of pin head. I take care of my phone very well. I never take it out of the leather case unless I had to answer my calls.

It must be more than coincidence when most people are having paint issues are having it in the edges next to the region where LCD ends.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicko5000 View Post
im not sure all of us agree that the belt holster geek look is the way to go especially if we want to propagate the human race ... and although you claim it cant be from wear and tear because the "paint is thick and even has a clear coat" this many people chiming in saying that they have the problem point more towards there actualy being a problem as opposed to so many of us having "gorilla hands" lol
lol belt holster geek look?...well its just a smarter way of carrying your phone around with you then putting it in your pocket..well im sure its a good way to go! cus i have it like that since i bought mine and no issues with paint chipping YET..explain to me why mines not chipping??? lol
Old 01-03-2010, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kris View Post
I have same problem as OP. I have 3 small paint chips about the size of pin head. I take care of my phone very well. I never take it out of the leather case unless I had to answer my calls.

It must be more than coincidence when most people are having paint issues are having it in the edges next to the region where LCD ends.

OH YEA! lol and lighten up!.."gorilla hands" meaning rough hands or sand paper meaning wear out the clear coat on the phone..its 2010 take a joke once in a while.............
Old 01-03-2010, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

vicko5000 is just getting started

wait.. 2010? i thought it was 2016
Old 01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)

reyrey127 is just getting started

for those having issues having paint problem, how long did you have the phone until you noticed the problem and what is the manuf dates of your phone??

i am worried my phone may have it too...

do you guys use a hard case around it?? do you guys have sweaty palms?? did you guys accidentally spill alcohol on the phone??

thanks
Old 01-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
But... the Tmobile TP2 is brown...
What's wrong with that? I have no idea why people say the mauve was a bad choice. Even CNET said the color was bad. What are people talking about? I don't need a jet black phone or something outrageously whacky enough for people in a meeting to assume I have a clown phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2