PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

The simple way you know winmo is failing is to look at their app store. Maybe salty or whoever doesn't need apps but as you can tell by iPhones success apps is the way to go and windows marketplace isn't flourishing in the least. Look at the apps that's available for winmo 6.5 and then look at the apps for android. Winmo 7 will have apps so its headed in the right direction. Nobody wants to develop for an out of date OS, that's a fact for you salty, android app store which just started is 30x bigger, another big disappointment for winmo 6
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I like the way you say that the only opinion matters is urs. The projector phone is hot? Have U seen anybody here that has a projector phone U speak of? U can cook a ROM for the the iPhone? where are you getting your Ideas man? A lot of WM phone is unhackable? Can't U understand that ia few WM device users, never had a hacking community? It's funny U list the hackable devices(Majority of WM) and "plenty" unhackable which U named 0.
Toshiba's are unhackable?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=628470
It's on it's way. Why it took so long? There are not too many people that owns a TG01 so there is no dev team created earlier.

I am pretty confused that You keep on saying the WM is secured. 1st, No phone is secure of being hacked remotely.
WM is a closed platform and what we do to it shouldn't be allowed. But since it's that easy to break the security and MS and HTC allows it, it's OK.
Android is fine to developed since it's an Open source.
iPhone OSX is extremely hard to break the security for the ROM to be cooked. Even if U break it, Apple will be on ur ass. It is also closed.
Palm is also secured. And a close platform and it is also extremely hard to cook a ROM for.

Why is Apple OSX and WebOS so secure? Because it's core based on UNIX! The most secure OS!

Don't U know that OSX does not use anti viruses?
Don't U know that Linux don't use viruses?
Because they are based on UNIX!
#1: I don't have any actual numbers, unfortunately. But I can tell you the LG projector phone is the only winmo phone I actually saw getting advertised like an Android phone. And here is a report that says LG shipped phones in record numbers in the 4th quarter of 2009 (with the expo projector phone launching in December):
http://www.pcworld.com/article/18813...unce_back.html

#2: LOL at your Toshiba link. That phone has been out for almost a year now and still hasn't been hacked. Your link has a post from WMPowerusers, who fancy themselves as PRO ROM hackers, basically saying they have been asked repeatedly to build a ROM for the TG01- but they don't know if they can. Let me know if it ever gets hacked. I'm telling you right now though, don't hold your breath. Like I said, they don't all get hacked.

#3: iPhone is not hard at all to hack, you're crazy. Every time there is an update that removes some hacked features, the community breaks the security and allows the hacking to continue. Every single version of the iPhone OS so far has been hacked.

#4: iPhone is based on UNIX. Big whoop. That doesn't mean you can't make any changes to the OS, or even install another OS.

#5: Yes, I know Apple's don't run antivirus. I also know as soon as they start making commercials touting it then you will see them getting targeted by viruses. Virus writers just haven't cared about Macs in the past. I know the iPhone has already had a problem with viruses though, see here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iph...ails,9136.html
So don't pretend it's not possible.

Not sure what your point is on all of that, but I maintain that you are out of your mind if you literally don't think it's possible to hack an iPhone or even change the OS.

And I also maintain that not all Winmo phones have been hacked (and I DID name some- I specifically mentioned that LG Expo and the old G1000). And, again, just because you flash a ROM doesn't mean your phone isn't secure. It just means you changed your own OS.

Oh, and YES, it SHOULD be allowed. What kind of person actually says it should not be allowed when people tweak their own phones? LOL, that was a ridiculous statement.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
The simple way you know winmo is failing is to look at their app store. Maybe salty or whoever doesn't need apps but as you can tell by iPhones success apps is the way to go and windows marketplace isn't flourishing in the least. Look at the apps that's available for winmo 6.5 and then look at the apps for android. Winmo 7 will have apps so its headed in the right direction. Nobody wants to develop for an out of date OS, that's a fact for you salty, android app store which just started is 30x bigger, another big disappointment for winmo 6
Get a clue man. Android app store may have just recently been launched (a year ago), but it was announced, the SDK released, and development for it began over 2 years ago. So people have been working on those apps for a long time. Winmo's app store just barely got announced less than a year ago, let alone actual stuff in place to start developing for it.

I can go on handango though and find plenty of apps for winmo. They will eventually all make their way into the official app store.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Get a clue man. Android app store may have just recently been launched (a year ago), but it was announced, the SDK released, and development for it began over 2 years ago. So people have been working on those apps for a long time. Winmo's app store just barely got announced less than a year ago, let alone actual stuff in place to start developing for it.

I can go on handango though and find plenty of apps for winmo. They will eventually all make their way into the official app store.
give it up salty, winmo 6 is dead. people have been able to create apps for winmo for years which is why handango has always had apps to sell. The only thing that came about recently was how to introduce the apps into the windows marketplace, but being able to develop apps for winmo has been possible forever. are you saying people were able to create apps for android before they were able to create apps for winmo. Also when new apps are created, like pandora for example, winmo 6 doesn't get one, this is what i mean by winmo marketplace not flourishing, honestly handango isnt all that cracking, but you must already know that. I know you want to say something about a slingbox app but the only reason is because slingbox is working on the app, which i already posted the link earlier.

on a 2nd note, I know you aren't comparing the apps for winmo to the apps for android, that would be foolish. do me a favor go put on nfl mobile on your phone then borrow someones hero and compare the apps, you tell me which one is better.

Last edited by p-slim; 02-09-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:16 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
#1: I don't have any actual numbers, unfortunately. But I can tell you the LG projector phone is the only winmo phone I actually saw getting advertised like an Android phone. And here is a report that says LG shipped phones in record numbers in the 4th quarter of 2009 (with the expo projector phone launching in December):
http://www.pcworld.com/article/18813...unce_back.html

#2: LOL at your Toshiba link. That phone has been out for almost a year now and still hasn't been hacked. Your link has a post from WMPowerusers, who fancy themselves as PRO ROM hackers, basically saying they have been asked repeatedly to build a ROM for the TG01- but they don't know if they can. Let me know if it ever gets hacked. I'm telling you right now though, don't hold your breath. Like I said, they don't all get hacked.

#3: iPhone is not hard at all to hack, you're crazy. Every time there is an update that removes some hacked features, the community breaks the security and allows the hacking to continue. Every single version of the iPhone OS so far has been hacked.

#4: iPhone is based on UNIX. Big whoop. That doesn't mean you can't make any changes to the OS, or even install another OS.

#5: Yes, I know Apple's don't run antivirus. I also know as soon as they start making commercials touting it then you will see them getting targeted by viruses. Virus writers just haven't cared about Macs in the past. I know the iPhone has already had a problem with viruses though, see here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iph...ails,9136.html
So don't pretend it's not possible.

Not sure what your point is on all of that, but I maintain that you are out of your mind if you literally don't think it's possible to hack an iPhone or even change the OS.

And I also maintain that not all Winmo phones have been hacked (and I DID name some- I specifically mentioned that LG Expo and the old G1000). And, again, just because you flash a ROM doesn't mean your phone isn't secure. It just means you changed your own OS.

Oh, and YES, it SHOULD be allowed. What kind of person actually says it should not be allowed when people tweak their own phones? LOL, that was a ridiculous statement.
i think U cannot understand. Toshiba does not have a lot of owners. So nobody waste their time to hack it coz tey are only few. U understand those words? U see that they only post that on feb 5? do U understand that few people = no hacking? OMFG!!! I will not even look at ur link coz I am sure it's stupid. You are here on a PPC and nobody owns 1 and you think it's hot? You wont even buy that urself

Jailbreaking just allow you to install apps out of Appstore. You are nowhere near changing the ROM. Iphone is 2 years old, Did U see any ROM floating around? ANd tell you what, Firmware is always updated once it's jailbroken. Eventhou it will be jailbroken again. That is called security! WM, Once the HSPL comes out, It will be unlocked forever!

LG expo and g1000<--- who will try to hack this? Do they even have a community for that? once again, failed to understand.

I think you are just here pretending you know a little. U don't know what ur talking about. You have no idea. Iphone can be flashed with a different OS. HAHAHA! WHat a .....

U gotta give it up. U know nothing.
Stop guessing. That is why Pslim Pwned U over and Over because U claim U have facts. A simple few users = no hacking U don't understand.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 02-09-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:26 AM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
HAHAHA! U said it urself, Carrier do not want to carry WM phones bcoz people is tethering for free and do whatever they want. SO now, what happen? No ADs for winmo?

He forgot what he said. U are tryin to make up story along the way coz U are being cornered. All the facts that says winmo is not secure is there. And for U, It's s secure. What security does it have btw?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:47 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
i think U cannot understand. Toshiba does not have a lot of owners. So nobody waste their time to hack it coz tey are only few. U understand those words? U see that they only post that on feb 5? do U understand that few people = no hacking? OMFG!!! I will not even look at ur link coz I am sure it's stupid. You are here on a PPC and nobody owns 1 and you think it's hot? You wont even buy that urself

Jailbreaking just allow you to install apps out of Appstore. You are nowhere near changing the ROM. Iphone is 2 years old, Did U see any ROM floating around? ANd tell you what, Firmware is always updated once it's jailbroken. Eventhou it will be jailbroken again. That is called security! WM, Once the HSPL comes out, It will be unlocked forever!

LG expo and g1000<--- who will try to hack this? Do they even have a community for that? once again, failed to understand.

I think you are just here pretending you know a little. U don't know what ur talking about. You have no idea. Iphone can be flashed with a different OS. HAHAHA! WHat a .....

U gotta give it up. U know nothing.
Stop guessing. That is why Pslim Pwned U over and Over because U claim U have facts. A simple few users = no hacking U don't understand.
So you don't know how to read? Is that it? You are here trying to pretend you know it all when you don't even know how to read?

That link on the Toshiba you posted is from some of the best hackers out there. It is only from the 5th, but it is saying they have had many requests to make a ROM for that Toshiba TG01. It also says they are not able to do it, and they are now asking for some help. So get your facts straight- there are plenty of owners of that TG01, and they have been asking for a ROM for quite some time, and the best hackers out there are having a hard time with it.

And jailbreaking does more than just allow you to install apps. Nice try, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

And yes, the g1000 had a huge community. It's an old phone, so I doubt it has a following now. But in its day, it was the best phone on the market and the first winmo phone with a qwerty.

And yes, if I had AT&T I would absolutely buy an LG Expo. Do you have a clue of what the phone is? You are an idiot if you are trying to say nobody cares about that phone. It has a snapdragon processor and a slide out qwerty, plus an attachable micro projector. It's the best winmo phone on the market in the USA right now.

And yes, the iPhone can be flashed with a different OS. You are an idiot for claiming othwerwise. Let me give you a link:
http://gizmodo.com/5100029/linux-for...android-iphone

There you go moron. Totally proven wrong again. Your unbreakable security and doesn't need an antivirus Unix based OS already had a virus (on the iPhone) and people are flashing a totally different OS onto the iPhone too.

Now, go back to pretending you know something.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:51 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
HAHAHA! U said it urself, Carrier do not want to carry WM phones bcoz people is tethering for free and do whatever they want. SO now, what happen? No ADs for winmo?

He forgot what he said. U are tryin to make up story along the way coz U are being cornered. All the facts that says winmo is not secure is there. And for U, It's s secure. What security does it have btw?
I didn't forget what I said, I just forgot that you had no comprehension of what you read. Because if you could comprehend what you read, you would recall I also said Microsoft could start selling winmo devices directly to the public if they didn't want to cave in to the carriers demands.

Always nice when the idiots are the most vocal.

And don't tell me about secure when I posted a link to a virus that was spreading on the iPhone right after you said it was so secure.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 02-09-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:55 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
give it up salty, winmo 6 is dead. people have been able to create apps for winmo for years which is why handango has always had apps to sell. The only thing that came about recently was how to introduce the apps into the windows marketplace, but being able to develop apps for winmo has been possible forever. are you saying people were able to create apps for android before they were able to create apps for winmo. Also when new apps are created, like pandora for example, winmo 6 doesn't get one, this is what i mean by winmo marketplace not flourishing, honestly handango is all that cracking, but you must already know that. I know you want to say something about a slingbox app but the only reason is because slingbox is working on the app, which i already posted the link earlier.

on a 2nd note, I know you aren't comparing the apps for winmo to the apps for android, that would be foolish. do me a favor go put on nfl mobile on your phone then borrow someones hero and compare the apps, you tell me which one is better.
People have been creating apps on winmo for years, yes. That's why there are hundreds of thousands of apps out there for winmo. But people have only been able to submit apps to the app store for a matter of months now. Which is why there aren't that many in there.

But you're crazy if you're saying that literally NONE of the new apps make it to winmo. Only a few here and there don't make it. Open the winmo marketplace and there is always a bunch of new stuff in there.

As for NFL Mobile- I don;t use it. Why would I care about that stupid app when I have Sunday Ticket and a slingbox? Try that on a hero and then tell me if it's better on a Touch Pro 2. Oh yeah, there is no sling player for Android so you can't. Which also pretty much kills your first point.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 02-09-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:02 AM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
So you don't know how to read? Is that it? You are here trying to pretend you know it all when you don't even know how to read?

That link on the Toshiba you posted is from some of the best hackers out there. It is only from the 5th, but it is saying they have had many requests to make a ROM for that Toshiba TG01. It also says they are not able to do it, and they are now asking for some help. So get your facts straight- there are plenty of owners of that TG01, and they have been asking for a ROM for quite some time, and the best hackers out there are having a hard time with it.

DO U know any tg01 owners here? A lot of them?

And jailbreaking does more than just allow you to install apps. Nice try, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

HAHAHA. Say this can be done that can be done again. Like what? U never said anything. Stop making story along the way for a desperate attemp.

And yes, the g1000 had a huge community. It's an old phone, so I doubt it has a following now. But in its day, it was the best phone on the market and the first winmo phone with a qwerty.

the phone is 2003 and has a huge community. According to who again? According to what U think?

And yes, if I had AT&T I would absolutely buy an LG Expo. Do you have a clue of what the phone is? You are an idiot if you are trying to say nobody cares about that phone. It has a snapdragon processor and a slide out qwerty, plus an attachable micro projector. It's the best winmo phone on the market in the USA right now.

HAHAHA. I know about the pico projector and have no interest whatsoever. Have U seen a huge amount of threads about the expo here?

And yes, the iPhone can be flashed with a different OS. You are an idiot for claiming othwerwise. Let me give you a link:
http://gizmodo.com/5100029/linux-for...android-iphone

WHat a stupid post. READ!
"And while it is still limited and doen't have support for many things, this work opens the door to a much more interesting thing than just a character-based terminal: Google's Android running on the iPhone hardware." It means they tried but did not succeed. The link is from 2008! Did it took off? No. Because the project failed! What a stupid effort.I did not say You cannot try!

There you go moron. Totally proven wrong again. Your unbreakable security and doesn't need an antivirus Unix based OS already had a virus (on the iPhone) and people are flashing a totally different OS onto the iPhone too.

What did U prove? Ur make up story?

Now, go back to pretending you know something.
Stop acting U know something. All U said just Pwned Urself.
BTW, U gotta stop that name calling insults if U dont want to take a vacation.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2