PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you HATE about the TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
games on iphone blow ANYTHING you have out of the water easily. especially lately, when i first was playin games on my touch i thought they were just average, but got back on it like last month and the graphics have come a LOOONG way. they have games with better 3d graphics than ps1. thats saying alot for a phone. There is nothing worth playin on Windows mobile that can even touch graphics on WM, sadly (for me).

please show me a windows mobile game with graphics that rival this, please
http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=...raphic-effects
please show me those graphics and playability on a phone designed for people that wear suits and ties

If I had my own business, iPhone users are douchebags and won't get hired
Old 12-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

^ roffle

I <3 you

I love the 'sucky games' argument. It's a phone designed with CEOs and businessmen in mind, not a PSP. Though I have found no issues with game play on the TP2. I've only played old emulated nintendo games & NFS Underground, but I'm pretty impressed all the same.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

Last edited by kabuk1; 12-28-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
yea thats my only complaint is the crappy camera and lack of flash
Bingo. That's all I can hate about this wonderful phone.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 12-28-2009, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

slidebabyslide is becoming a great contributor

I really miss my little TP 1. Superb phone,I say. I wish the TP2 had flash and a Dpad.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well this is by far the best phone I have ever owned. Heck, in my opinion it's the best phone on the market right now.

Anyway, here are the things that I hate about it...

#1: No flash for the camera.
#2: The camera should be better.
#3: The processor should be better.
#4: There could be more RAM and ROM.
#5: There should be an FM radio, and there could be an FM transmitter too.
#6: The zoom bar is totally worthless. If they didn't want buttons, this should have been a "touch" d-pad or something.

Now, to address a few questions and points I have seen posted in this thread...

#1: if you don't like TouchFlo, try Indagroove's ROM. It's 6.5, finger friendly, no Manilla, and rock solid. I'm using it with SPB Mobile Shell, and it's probably the longest I have ever ran a ROM without trying another one. If you hate TouchFlo, try the Indagroove ROM with SPB Mobile Shell.

#2: Why is everyone saying this device is only meant for business users? I don't have a business account and they had no problem selling it to me. If HTC doesn't understand that consumers want a freaking keyboard too, then maybe it's time for someone else to get in the game and start making devices. Maybe the Droid and Moto Click can light a fire and make HTC realize that consumers do want a freaking keyboard. I thought this whole business device mentality was killed by the iPhone?

#3: Please don't tell me how you don't care about the crappy camera since you use another camera anyway. Well, duh... Of course you use a different (and better) camera when you are trying to get a decent picture. We all do. Why? Because the camera on this device freaking blows. If this device had a good camera, we'd probably be using it when we were actually trying to get a decent picture and not just when we absolutely had no other possible choice. When devices like the Diamond 2 have a better camera than the Touch Pro 2, we have every right to complain about it. And yes, we're all using alternative cameras whenever we have one available, but that doesn't mean we should lay down and let HTC think that's okay going forward. I can pretty much guarantee I won't buy another device with a crappy camera and no flash. They better get it right next time, or someone else will get my money.

#4: I really don't see why everyone is saying they want a capacitive screen. If it's true that you can't do multi touch on a resistive, then I guess I can understand that. I have read that it is possible on resistive, and I have also read that it is not. So without knowing the truth, I have to withold judgement there. But as far as everything else- my Touch Pro 2 touch screen is sensitive enough. And I also know for a fact that capacitive screens aren't as detailed as resistive- which is why the iPhone doesn't do handwriting recognition and stuff like that. I guess just saying it's capacitive doesn't do it for me. I need to see a real advantage to capacitive before I complain about not having it. As I said, my screen is plenty sensitive enough, and I can't even tell a difference when I play with my friends' iPhones.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

^^6I prefer resistive too. I am a big guy (6'4) so my big finger always hits too much on capacitive screen, i use my thumbnail as a stylus on resistive though, pinpoint accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
please show me those graphics and playability on a phone designed for people that wear suits and ties
there isnt, my point exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
It's a phone designed with CEOs and businessmen in mind, not a PSP.
I know and accept this, but the guy was trying to front saying his tp2 has better games than iphone, h3ll no lol. and it aint supposed to

Last edited by newone757; 12-28-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

in defense of winmo I do prefer their games for one reason - hardware keyboard!
zenonia on a keyboard is so much better than on a screen
Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (T7381 with 3G 850/2100)
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

Damager is becoming a great contributor

Man some of you guys are pretty pedantic :P Many of the dislikes addressed have been well known for some time. After a play in the shop for a few minutes you should know pretty much if you think it's worth buying, so buyer beware as always.

Anyways, here's some thoughts re the TP2

Thickness, i wish it was half the thickness, and also half the weight.
Camera, okay it isnt the greatest, but it's okay. No flash isnt an issue as i dont take any photos in low light or in the dark.
Multi touch is over rated. 3.5mm audio jacks are over rated.
The TP2's resistive screen is pretty good.
Um hmm, nothing else really, well not that i can think of right now

For all of it's down points and cons, the TP2 is still right up there in the current smartphone market.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

The Touch Pro 2 is in my opinion way better than the original TP. I have way way less issues with this device than I did with the TP. I am a tall guy with big hands and this phone fits me pefectly. Having a bigger screen, less buttons and a battery that last way longer is a plus for me. Sprint was able to get me out of the TP and in the TP2 without any cost and I am thankful for that. The camera is on par for what I think it should be, its a phone, not a DSLR or a point and shoot camera which tends to be a bit bigger and has a bigger lens. It's really meant for those quick photos at a party or a facial shot..nothing more. Gaming was not what this phone was created for...yes this day in age that seems to be the way...but I didn't buy it for that reason. I got this phone because it did what "I" wanted it to do...and I'm pleased. All in all its a great phone...and if I were to have any gripes with it I would probably have added a little bit more memory and taken away the push web browsing. Hopefully Microsoft was smart enough to relize that push internet browsing on a phone with limited memory wasn't such a great idea and got rid of it in 6.5...but the phone does still work in its current state. Other than that my phone gets great reception, good call quality, and does everything I want it to do.

This is coming from a guy who used to be on the Verizon network, and from my experience with Verizon Phones I am personally happy with how this phone came out. Verizon tends to dumb down there phones, alter the OS to there liking and disable key features. Also Verizon has horrible price plans, 4 tops to my knoledge...and in my opinion that doesn't cut it. Also, charging for each additional item (VZ Navigator, Visual Voicemail etc) is just a bad way of doing business. I'm with Sprint and I get all that in a nice price plan plus more for either the same price or cheaper.

Last edited by ChrisH09; 12-28-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

I love mp TP2, its the best phone I have had yet.. I'm on sprint and I have the 3.5 headphone jack that people complain about not having... now, that being said, here are the only things I hate:

1. bluetooth stack - cant always disconnect when using a bluetooth device (IE - you can not press the hangup button on the bluetooth device and have it always hangup)

2. Camera - Not bad when you do the tweaks but not great and no flash

3. NO NOTIFICATION MANAGER - we had a great program for the TREO called TREO ALERTS PRO and nada for the TP2.. the light blinkks green but you have no idea whay it is blinking..

all the above said, with all the mods I have done, it make the phone one hell of a nice phone... I dont even know if I will do the 6.5 upgrade when it comes out as I have done too many mods to my phone and bet the 6.5 will break them all...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2