PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Raivyn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Don't Hate iPhone, I'm Just Pro-Touch Pro 2!

The problem is that iPhone users don't just talk about the benefits of their phone, they say how everything else is crap, and they use their useless apps as justification. And Heaven forbid you don't agree with them, because you're plain too stupid to see the light. They don't give anyone usable information to make an informed decision.

I was at a New Year's party the other day, and a couple, sitting next to each other on the sofa, was sending farting noises to each other with their new noise app. And somehow I'm supposed to believe that iPhone is better than my HTC Touch Pro 2? Based on that??

Whatever.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah... Their's is better. But at least you can fart with them now.

I don't hate the iPhone. I hate the cult of iPhone users. They are smug and superior.

I rarely engage them anymore. My brothers in law (3 of them) and their girls are all iPhone users. My wife rocks my old TP and she loves it.
That's all that matters.
Yesterday my brother in law was updating a whiteboard calendar and I asked him "isn't there an app for that?" He said "Probably... I just don't have time to be looking for it every time I want to know what's on my schedule"
I didn't say a word... I turned on my phone and clicked on the word calendar on my home screen.
lol.

p.
Attached Files
File Type: cab fart-machine-v2.cab (354.0 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ncrader is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
I don't hate the iPhone. I hate the cult of iPhone users. They are smug and superior.
Plus 1,000

It's the same with most any apple fanboy about anything that the almighty half-eaten apple produces.

Unfortunately, I have not done as well as some of you in hiding my capabilities from friends/family. When asked about mobile phone advice or any tech advice for that matter, I always try to take into account the user that I am making recommendations to. I'm diehard Sprint, so I push Sprint because the rates are so great and there are plenty of phone options. When making a recommendation, I simply do my best to point them to the phone that will work best for them. That being said, I regularly acknowledge in these conversations that the iPhone does what it does very well. I can't argue that point, but I can't state that Windows Phones have been doing it for much longer. My challenge to all the ifanboys, what can you're phone do that mine (Touch Pro 2) can't - other than the 100,000 fart apps? The few things an iPhone can do that are unique to it, aren't things I am going to lose sleep over not being able to do.

As a rule, the cult of iPhone only has 1 piece of advice - there is only one phone - and it's the iCLONE. Oh, how I hate being just like everyone else.

Okay, sorry... for the RANT, but isn't everyone entitled a spot on the soapbox periodically.

Last edited by ncrader; 01-04-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You know what though... I've found that most iPhone users don't even know what their phone can do that ours can't.
I just armed myself with a few pointless little apps....
light saber
fart machine
boobs
And pointless stuff like that and that's usually enough for them to stop trying to compete with me as they see the keboard slide out with a star trek "swoosh" or a transformers robot sound.
Cuz the conversation usually starts with, "Oh... is that an iPhone?"

And something else I've noticed... lol.
EVERYTHING'S a competition.
Your car, your house, your kids, your watch, your hmm hm...
You name it. So... It's in our nature. I enjoy the competition and I enjoy knowing what the iPhone can and can't do... That way I can steer the contest and I win. lol
Just fun with friends and family.
p.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

docmump is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to docmump

this is now my favorite thread....

Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

i would have told the girl to get an iphone.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

this morning while I was at Whaterburger I over heard someone talking on their phone and they said this "Yeah I'm calling you from my iPhone"

What the.... hahahaha
Old 02-05-2010, 09:26 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
this morning while I was at Whaterburger I over heard someone talking on their phone and they said this "Yeah I'm calling you from my iPhone"

What the.... hahahaha

i would of farted in their face! damn them!!!!

lol

such a waste of electronics

Old 02-05-2010, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

since I bought my sister an iphone does that make me a drone??? she wanted it I suggested the meizu m8 - cheaper and psh in the long run much nicer of a device
she said noooooo
Old 02-05-2010, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

I'm for whatever you like. I don't know many people with WinMO, I know plenty of folks with the Iphone. I see some impressive stuff with theirs, they see impressive stuff with mines, then we drink beers!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2