PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom
Carrier: Sprint

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Don't Hate iPhone, I'm Just Pro-Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrader View Post
Plus 1,000

It's the same with most any apple fanboy about anything that the almighty half-eaten apple produces.

Unfortunately, I have not done as well as some of you in hiding my capabilities from friends/family. When asked about mobile phone advice or any tech advice for that matter, I always try to take into account the user that I am making recommendations to. I'm diehard Sprint, so I push Sprint because the rates are so great and there are plenty of phone options. When making a recommendation, I simply do my best to point them to the phone that will work best for them. That being said, I regularly acknowledge in these conversations that the iPhone does what it does very well. I can't argue that point, but I can't state that Windows Phones have been doing it for much longer. My challenge to all the ifanboys, what can you're phone do that mine (Touch Pro 2) can't - other than the 100,000 fart apps? The few things an iPhone can do that are unique to it, aren't things I am going to lose sleep over not being able to do.

As a rule, the cult of iPhone only has 1 piece of advice - there is only one phone - and it's the iCLONE. Oh, how I hate being just like everyone else.

Okay, sorry... for the RANT, but isn't everyone entitled a spot on the soapbox periodically.
I might rant in this post i apologize about it ahead of time.
^^ Ditto i HATE the iphone and yes i do. i dislike apple in general. they brand something with a fruit and its price goes up 100 Bucks. i dislike ppl who praise the iphone and ipods.<< i dont even own an ipod i have a zune lol. I knew a bunch of ppl who tried selling me the iphone and showing me useless apps. but i dont like that you spend 500 bucks on a 16 gb phone no removable battery no SD card slot and then spend more money on apps. or jailbreak your phone and get third party apps. what i really dislike is the lack Cut and Paste on the orginal iphones. you needed an app to cut and paste. and they recently released that as a new feature. AWESOME cuz thats standard on anything else. They just give you the same thing over and over again and change it by one small thing and its the new iphone. IE: the ipad does anyone else think its a huge iphone with no phone or flash player. but i mean ok the apps are nice and the iphone is usefull for the apps. but. in terms of freedom i would always go with winmo phones.

P.S correct me if im wrong theres no problem with that

Old 02-05-2010, 11:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: sprint

Technoob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcgpirate View Post
I've used both the HTC Pro 2 and the iphone and one thing the TP2 can't compete with is how smooth the web browsing is. The page loads up and never needs to load anything else on the page again unlike the TP2 where if you scroll down you'll hit the white/gray check box loading pattern. also the i've had to hit next or any of the links multiple times to get them to register on the TP2.

Is there a fix for that? the tp2 seems to do that with opera stock and opera 10 beta 2.
Well said!
Right on spot!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: cricket

ct2355 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to ct2355

Ok, just about everyone i know and pretty much everyone in my family has one of the 3 iphones. So atfer dropping my touch pro in the toilet, i was pondering if i should get the touch pro 2 or the htc hero. so one of my co-workers over heard me talking to a sprint rep and after i got off the phone he says, man you should get a iphone, its got 1000s of apps and now its got a cam and you can jail break it blah blah blah. so i said ive been a fan of htc and windows mobile for a long time, and i belive that wm is the best os for me. then he gives me the spill about how the iphone is by far the best phone on the market and every other phone company come out with an "iphone killer" but it ends up being another subpar phone. i asked him what can the iphone do that a touch pro 2 cant, or a blackberry for that matter. all he could say was the iphone is worth getting for the apps alone, and no other phone has a server like apple set up for the iphone. i told him everything that i could do with my touch pro, from adding a custom rom and flashing it to another provider, just about everthing i could think of. then i said plus my touch pro had a camera right out of the box and i didnt have to wait 3 gens to be able to send pics. he really didnt say much after that except iphone has 1000s of apps. now i am not bashing the iphone at all, i dont know much about it and the alittle i do know makes it sound like a awsome phone. i just think that if your gonna buy a phone you should research and find out what best meets your needs, and noit buy something because its popular or because of word of mouth.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

Accordman is a n00b

i own both i prefer iphone for web browsing and thats about it though everythign else i prefer my tp2
Old 02-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i've got a big-ass bag of popcorn for this one!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

one of my staff member has the iphone... actually all my other 3 managers has the iphone!!! im the only manager wit a winmo phone and im still proud of it.. with all the unlocked featurs of a winmo device iphone doesn't even come close with it 1000s "useful" apps which u can just search on google to find!!!

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2