PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to backup People Tab?

Still not working...

Here's what I'm doing.

1) Setting up 'People' tab with my favorite contacts
2) Backing up contacts with PIM backup and saving backup file to storage card
3) Resetting phone via 'Clear Storage'
4) Once phone boots up for first time, I run PIM backup and restore the PIM data file I saved from before
5) Nothing shows up in 'People' tab
6) Re-boot the phone, still nothing...

Did I miss something?
Old 12-27-2009, 01:41 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
here's a thread I had back when I too was trying to find a resolve for this issue you are talking about, I was able to figure it out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59519

basically you back your PIM.VOL file in the root of your phone using Total Commander, back it up to your SD card or similar...

after doing a rom upgrade or hard reset, disable TF3D/Sense copy your backed up PIM.VOL using Total Commander to the root of your phone /
soft reset your phone, re-enable TF3D/Sense and check your People tab

Hope that helps!
alot of extra steps there man...... You can use just regular file explorer and you dont need to disable tflo 3d.... but nice write up
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:44 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
Still not working...

Here's what I'm doing.

1) Setting up 'People' tab with my favorite contacts
2) Backing up contacts with PIM backup and saving backup file to storage card
3) Resetting phone via 'Clear Storage'
4) Once phone boots up for first time, I run PIM backup and restore the PIM data file I saved from before
5) Nothing shows up in 'People' tab
6) Re-boot the phone, still nothing...

Did I miss something?
forget the backup program, just save the actual pim file in your file explorer under device, save it to your storage card....... now when you hard reset go to your file explorer/device and rename the pim to pimt and now grab that pim copy you saved from your setup and place it in your device with that other pimt and soft reset.......... now when it boots it should be good now delete the pimt file............

Last edited by Dragon2; 12-27-2009 at 01:50 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Trying the PIM.vol method...
Old 12-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

If PIM backup isnt working i think it is best to use dragins method. Sorry mine didnt work.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Just another reason Im a HUGE supporter of Sashimi. Its in there... Super easy.

Tools-Additional Tools-PIM Backup. Once you back it up, then you will have it saved locally on the storage card.

Once you Run sashimi again, Just go to Back to additional tools, and restore the PIM. Its super easy.

Try it out... Ill help when I can. Ur welcome!

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Both Dragon's and Elephant007's methods worked (they're essentially the same).

Post 10 has the full instructions. Also, I found that it was not necessary to disable TouchFlo, but users may choose to do this just in case

Thanks to all who helped
Old 12-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Just another reason Im a HUGE supporter of Sashimi. Its in there... Super easy.

Tools-Additional Tools-PIM Backup. Once you back it up, then you will have it saved locally on the storage card.

Once you Run sashimi again, Just go to Back to additional tools, and restore the PIM. Its super easy.

Try it out... Ill help when I can. Ur welcome!
Just restoring your contacts should add contacts to the favorite tab, whichever method you choose. I sync via an exchange server and it always adds contacts to the ppl tab. the problem is that it's never in the exact order. It does this bc when you add contacts to the ppl tab, you are adding it to an HTC group. It's that simple.

Another method you could do is to use this cab. If you are using 2.5 you have to go into the settings and choose 2.5 compatability.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Back FavPeople Up! (v1.3).cab (171.9 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:17 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
alot of extra steps there man...... You can use just regular file explorer and you dont need to disable tflo 3d.... but nice write up
Thanks for refining it for me, I haven't used that process in a long time, I don't keep a People tab anymore, although it is a neat feature, I just don't find the need to utilize it any longer...

Looks like we both got the OP going though and that's what this community is about!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Looks like we both got the OP going though and that's what this community is about!
You sure did.

Now if only I knew how to add the word 'Resolved' to the post's title...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2