PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RESOLVED: How to backup People Tab?

UPDATE: This issue has been resolved. To see the solution, check out post #10

I've been searching this forum for 30 minutes and can't find the answer... I'll click the 'Thanks' button for whoever can help

How do you backup your contacts in the 'People' tab before a flash so that they can be restored easily after the flash? It would be nice not to have to manually enter them back in after each ROM flash.

Is this done with a registry edit? A file that needs to be backup and restored?

Last edited by biff6789; 12-27-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: How to backup People Tab?

PIM Backup does it

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:26 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i save the Pim file in file explorer/device... then when I flash I rename the new pim on the new rom PimT and copy and paste the one you saved there...... then soft reset and all your contact info will be restored... simple as pie........
Old 12-27-2009, 12:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think SPB Backup will do it
Old 12-27-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Didn't work.

I set up my 'People' tab the way I wanted it, then backed up my contacts with PIM backup, then reset the phone to test it, then ran PIM to restore the contacts... still didn't work.

What settings in PIM backup should I be using?
Old 12-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Almost a VIP

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
Didn't work.

I set up my 'People' tab the way I wanted it, then backed up my contacts with PIM backup, then reset the phone to test it, then ran PIM to restore the contacts... still didn't work.

What settings in PIM backup should I be using?
If you back up your contact it will also back up your people tab.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

...I suppose I should clarify...

I'm not talking about backing up ALL of the contacts in the 'People' tab, I'm talking about backing up just the favorites that you select to show up with their picture or whatever in this tab.

After backing up the PIM data then restoring after a reset, it's still showing the 'People' tab as blank.

I can't seriously be the first person to ask this question.

Free 5 points to your rep for helping me find the answer!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
...I suppose I should clarify...

I'm not talking about backing up ALL of the contacts in the 'People' tab, I'm talking about backing up just the favorites that you select to show up with their picture or whatever in this tab.

After backing up the PIM data then restoring after a reset, it's still showing the 'People' tab as blank.

I can't seriously be the first person to ask this question.

Free 5 points to your rep for helping me find the answer!
When I use PIM backup and backup my contacts it also backs up my favorites in the people tab.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:21 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

do it the way I said and itll restore them on your favorites tab also.... sorry your a noob but this is simple as pie.............
Old 12-27-2009, 01:39 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I've been searching this forum for 30 minutes and can't find the answer... I'll click the 'Thanks' button for whoever can help

How do you backup your contacts in the 'People' tab before a flash so that they can be restored easily after the flash? It would be nice not to have to manually enter them back in after each ROM flash.

Is this done with a registry edit? A file that needs to be backup and restored?
here's a thread I had back when I too was trying to find a resolve for this issue you are talking about, I was able to figure it out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59519

basically you back your PIM.VOL file in the root of your phone using Total Commander, back it up to your SD card or similar...

after doing a rom upgrade or hard reset, disable TF3D/Sense copy your backed up PIM.VOL using Total Commander to the root of your phone /
soft reset your phone, re-enable TF3D/Sense and check your People tab

Hope that helps!
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2