PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FpseCE .10 RELEASED!! (Playstation Emulator)

What ROM are you guys using cause I'm not sure if it is compatible with Calkulins rom. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but after I install it and choose the iso, the screen goes black and then it takes me back to the today screen.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Artanis is keeping up the good workArtanis is keeping up the good work

Sprint TouchPro2
Stock Sprint ROM
Installed FPSECE
Using SCPH1001.bin
edited .INI file to match posted settings.

I loaded Final fantasy 7 image and it worked fine, Aside from some choppy sound it ran about 45-60 fps. i switch my frame skip to 4 it was managable. For Mapping buttons. Frenchy900 has some Youtube tutorials up that will show you how if you pay attention. I learned all of this through combination of videos, and the Config PDF that is provided with program. Neither is complete in explaining completely but with a little time you should be able to figure it out.

BUTTON MAPPING
1. You can load game img or just start FpseCE.

2. Open hardware keyboard then use styles to tap on Top Left corner of the screen just under the Sprint logo where the fps show. this will change to portrait mode.
**tap only, press and holding the stylus there will force quite FpseCE.

3. Once the emulator is in Portrait mode again, it will show config menu in bottom half of screen. Click on controller image. This will bring up your button mapping screen.

4. At first i was tapping on turquoise numbers, but you want to tap the button on the actual controller.
ie. tap on O button then the turquoise number changes to (---).

5. then press on button you want to map and turquoise number changes accordingly.
ie. (080)
...Repeat as needed

6. pressing the tiny "power button" on FpseCE config screen will exit mapping screen and return u to main menu.

7. Then just tap big round knob image to return to landscape mode.

** IDK if this is relevant or not but there is a PSP image on the button mapping screen. It seems to be some sort of 3 mode cycle button. Screen, Buttons on face of PSP, and the last one seems to be outside or buttons on edge of PSP. Anyway the button mapping didn't "stay" until i selected the face buttons to be highlighted. You see what i mean when you press it.

** Also u might want to take the time to use the multi key mapping.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Got it working fine now, thanks to everyone! This thing rocks!
Old 12-28-2009, 12:39 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

where ya get the .bin?
Old 12-28-2009, 12:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

im bout to give this a try sure would love to play need for speed hot pursuit on my tp2

Last edited by deadwrong03; 12-28-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Verizon

matt12eagles is just getting started

Hey guys I've been playing around with this for awhile now to. It works ohkay on my touch pro 2..... i get like 38 fps average in Final Fantasy 8
(I am dying to get this working 100% on my phone) If theres any suggestions to speed this up without loosing sound on my cutscenes please im open for anything at this point. Thanks so much.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:31 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i got a image downloaded (cat n the hat) and when I open it through the player it runs fine... I have no bin or whatever just the image...... I havent edited the .ini yet but like I said it plays, but it get stuck at the loading game part in the game itself, like its checking for a memory card....... Ill try some other images or whatever

nevermind got it to work... awesome...... the images work great, now to get that bin.. to play the other files.... thanks all..

Last edited by Dragon2; 12-28-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

ok i installed the fpsece on my tp2 but ive run into a bit of a issue/question with the roms...some of the roms i've seen have like 5-10 parts how are you guys fitting all the parts to the games on the phone?

for instance i was trying to put need for speed hot pursuit on my phone and it has like 10 parts and they're all 40mb a piece

do i have to have all of them to run the game or can i run say part 1 for the beginning part of the game? ...

granted im on a 16gb mem card but this may be a issue for those with smaller memory cards
Old 12-28-2009, 02:53 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
ok i installed the fpsece on my tp2 but ive run into a bit of a issue/question with the roms...some of the roms i've seen have like 5-10 parts how are you guys fitting all the parts to the games on the phone?

for instance i was trying to put need for speed hot pursuit on my phone and it has like 10 parts and they're all 40mb a piece

do i have to have all of them to run the game or can i run say part 1 for the beginning part of the game? ...

granted im on a 16gb mem card but this may be a issue for those with smaller memory cards

No, big Memory cards the way to go. They are not small games meant for mobile. Some people strip the cut scenes and such from the iso files to trim them up a bit just for this reason. I also have a 16 GB card and only keep the ones that work and I will actually play on the card.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 12-28-2009, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

homerandabe69 is just getting started

i got FFVII working and brave fencer musashi also. im getting a lot of lag in game even with sound off and frameskip set to 5. are there any settings i should mess with to make it work faster? i get like 20-60 fps in FFVII and 10-30 in musashi. i get seemingly random drops in fps a lot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2