PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx
Re: Question regarding Emulators for the TP2

If you install the tgetfile.cab then you will be able to load roms from PocketSNES, easiest solution. This one i provided is a sort of trial but it works fully just every 5 roms you load it will nag you once until the 10th and so on.
Attached Files
File Type: cab tgetfile.ppcarm[1].CAB (37.8 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
Re: Question regarding Emulators for the TP2

You don't need tgetfile for the version of PocketSNES that I uploaded. It uses Gsgetfile instead which is auto placed into the install folder. The VGA version that I posted above is a fix for the last version made for PPC. I believe it was 1.12.200 or something like that. If you use any other version .. eg smartphone version by masterall, or the older non vga WM 2003 versions, then you will have more trouble and it won't run as smoothly. That's why I posted that. It's the most usable SNES emulator for newer PPC's. Masterall's version is for smartphones like the Blackjack and Motorola Q. That version won't display properly because it was made for small screens (320x240) and it is also not optimized for ARM code, instead it ran better on TI OMAP CPU's. Thus that version is incredibly slow.

However, if you think you know of a better version , with more compatibility on our TP2's, please do post it up here. Only reason I know so much about these friggin emulators is because I have been looking high and low for the last 3 years for a good one. SNES ran crappy as hell on the Moto Q's. Hell, the Moto Q's ran crappy period lol. There just seems to be an utter lack of devs out there doing any coding for WM console emulators. Damn I-S*IT is getting all the devs.

On a last note, if you need tgetfile for the version of Pocketsnes you are using (or any other Tillanosoft product), just go to their home page and download the latest version of tgetfile for PPC. No nagging screens at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2