PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Am I the only one having problems with Mighty Rom on the TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley762 View Post
there is always going to be someone out there that can never be satisfied. Mike your roms rock.

word!!

Give some
Old 12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
there is always going to be someone out there that can never be satisfied. Mike your roms rock.
I am afraid that i agree with the OP. i flashed about 4 custom roms and quickly went back to stock after only 2 days. to me, the stock is far superior in speed and functionality- everything just works. 6.5 just looks prettier. the stock seems to be some sort of hybrid 6.5 anyway as the more finger friendly aspects of 6.5 have already been incorporated. for some reason i just dont share the same 6.5 experience. just my 2 cents.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

vicko5000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I have loved pretty much ever one of Mighty's roms that i have tried thats why i thought for sure something was up with my phone.. I did also do a "clear all data" after flashing the rom still have some hiccups and sluggishness... Id love to see it running on someone elses TP 2 to see if what im getting is the norm..

ill probably install the next MM rom (or maybe just try 12/06 again) .. maybe its my microsd slowing down the phone some how (its a sandisk class 8GB) or maybe not having the simcard in the phone causes something to slowdown? who knows..

im more and more convinced that its my phone and not the rom... just trying to see if anyone else has the problem and apparently no one does.

people have mentioned it getting slow after installing some software but noone has mentioned the phone freezing (especially during cab installs) so it seems as thought its an isolated situation with my phone.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
I am afraid that i agree with the OP. i flashed about 4 custom roms and quickly went back to stock after only 2 days. to me, the stock is far superior in speed and functionality- everything just works. 6.5 just looks prettier. the stock seems to be some sort of hybrid 6.5 anyway as the more finger friendly aspects of 6.5 have already been incorporated. for some reason i just dont share the same 6.5 experience. just my 2 cents.

What if your stock ROM is 6.5? Then what does that all mean? Not all TP2's came with 6.1.

MightyROM 12.6 is solid. It's not too far off the stock 6.5 ROM from USCC. If you're having problems with it slowing down your phone, crashing or whatever else (and you havn't installed anything else after the flash....NOT EVEN A TASKBAR) then try a few things:

Hard reset:

if that fails.....

Reflash stock ROM (this prob won't make a bit of difference but might as well eliminate ALL possible causes)
Redownload MightyROM
Reinstall MightyROM
Hard reset

if that fails.....

Get a new phone.

if that fails.....

Try another ROM and tell Mighty Mike how much his ROM sucks!
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?

Last edited by CellGuy; 12-15-2009 at 09:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

my internet sharing doesn't work it always say waiting for connection. It works before I use provisioning, but doesn't after.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

12/06 is nice, not perfect, No rom is, but its very nice, some may say the Rom of the Month..
Old 12-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

Te only issues im having are the stupid mylocation weather wont update anymore and the software keybored pops up in landscape every time i open a text and go to type. other than those 2 huge annoyances its a great rom.

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 12-15-2009, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Try an Energy ROM. He has every flavor under the sun. 6.1, 6.5, manila 2.1, manila 2.5, Dusk etc. He makes me dizzy.

It's slow to boot, but once it's up it's fine.

I think some folks might blame slowness on booting and text messaging issues that can be resolved on just about any ROM.

You need to work with each ROM to tweak it just a bit to your needs.

There are a few good 6.1 ROM if 6.5 isn't for you.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

Mighty makes some of the best roms hands down, but my experience with his TP2 roms is the same as the OP. The phone just generally seems to be lagging a bit. Of the custom roms I've tried by about 4 different chefs, Mighty's have run the slowest (at least seemed to, no way to really gauge it). I have hard reset after each successful flash as well.

I have to admit I haven't tried the newest roms Mighty dropped, but I'm kinda sick of setting up my phone at this point. :P
Old 12-15-2009, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

R2D2 631 is keeping up the good workR2D2 631 is keeping up the good work

MM 12/6 is my Number 1 RoM ..No doubt..Especially battery life is insane. The best battery life IMO.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2