PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 08:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
So far it's good.

I was able to capture the data using the factory ROM and Leo 2.1 Rom.
I did have to make some minor changes to the Leo 2.1 to get the messages through. I am seeing the request to the server and acknowledgement from the server.

Next is the 2.5 ROM.

Post more shortly.

I have more info. It looks like the 2.5 ROM is trying to send MMS using AT&T's server. Somewhere in the settings it is coded to use GSM. Need to take a look at the other settings to confirm. Made some changes to the registry in order to get this far.

In the 2.1 ROM, there are settings for HTC messaging. In 2.5, there are a lot more registry entries for HTC messaging. I'm looking right now to see what entries are in there for AT&T's server.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 PM
N00b

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I have more info. It looks like the 2.5 ROM is trying to send MMS using AT&T's server. Somewhere in the settings it is coded to use GSM. Need to take a look at the other settings to confirm. Made some changes to the registry in order to get this far.

In the 2.1 ROM, there are settings for HTC messaging. In 2.5, there are a lot more registry entries for HTC messaging. I'm looking right now to see what entries are in there for AT&T's server.

Okay, forgot to turn of WAP.

I am now hitting the SprintMMS server and receiving a response from the server.

The bad news, the MMS did not go through.
The good news, it is communicating with the SprintMMS server.
If anyone wants to review the pcap files, let me know and I can send them to you to review.

I am not seeing the request for the MMS, only a confirmation from the MMS server that it was accepted. I am seeing a lot of TCP segment of a reassembled PDU messages.

Any ideas?
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:53 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

from my understanding, the sprint arcsoft is sending through 'WAP'. This makes me think that the htc client does not support the wap version that arcsoft is using. although the receiveing mms part kinda makes that theory iffy. i have been raping my brain for months on this. i believe that greg has the right idea, by sniffing the packets being sent.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Let's keep up the good work and hopefully we can crack this thing soon...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2, htc evo
Carrier: Sprint 4g, Fast 3g

S/\NDM/\N is just getting started

if thats the cast why are verizon ppl getting this to work and ther cdma but us sprint ppl are the bad apples
Old 12-23-2009, 12:37 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/\NDM/\N View Post
if thats the cast why are verizon ppl getting this to work and ther cdma but us sprint ppl are the bad apples

Good point. That's why I reviewing the VZW settings to see what the difference in settings is.

Sprint is obviously using different settings for their servers.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Yes, the sms settings say to send sms via gsm (have since stock rom). All Settings>Connections>Advanced Network>SMS Service. I don't know what that means though.... Thanks for all your hard work everybody
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2, htc evo
Carrier: Sprint 4g, Fast 3g

S/\NDM/\N is just getting started
Talking Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Ok so I think o have made a brake through, the above post gave me an idea.
No cabs no dissabling anything
Not perficate w but works

1st...... I changed the reg to cdma not gsm
Then under htc sense mms sever settings. I put

Ip adress: 62.215.195.152
Port:80
Server address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mm...MDN=yournumber
Connect via: my isp
Send limit: 1024kb
Wap version: none

2nd. I went to setting/connections/advanced _select networks and set them to my isp

The problems:
Out going=Sends the message so far [now wait and see if my wifes phone getts it]

Incoming=Reciveces the message but can only open it in the regular messanger [sent from wifes sam-moment and got it with in 1min]

Oh ya I'm running energy rom leo 21885 w/2.5

Ok update so I played around alittle more, I tried to sent a pic out with the settings like thi useing the regular messanger and it wouldn't sent, so I changed the mms option and the main thing was setting the connection to: My ISP

So basicly everythings sents, everything reciveces but just can't view any pics throught htc sense

Last edited by S/\NDM/\N; 12-23-2009 at 03:22 AM. Reason: update
Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

well, i tried what you said, but to no success. as soon as i change anything to 'my isp', i no longer have any sort of data. btw, where di you come up with this ip?

-deck

EDIT: could u also post the exact reg's that you changed, and everything you did, in detail. if you really got this to work, this would be amazing.

EDIT 2: i have attached the packages of the latest htc messaging client "HTCMessaging_Client"="1_5_19213630_00" to my knowledge so we can atleast all be working with the same package. Keep in mind this is out of the first US carrier dump of the hd2 (tmobile) so it is native gsm, but everything works the same and gets the same amount of progress.
Attached Files
File Type: rar client.rar (3.27 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by deck; 12-23-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/\NDM/\N View Post
Ok so I think o have made a brake through, the above post gave me an idea.
No cabs no dissabling anything
Not perficate w but works

1st...... I changed the reg to cdma not gsm
Then under htc sense mms sever settings. I put
what reg key?
did you do this under samplemmsc or sprint? how do I select sprint?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2