PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Should JUICY cook HTC messaging back into R6 ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101135)

nutzy19 12-10-2009 05:47 PM

Re: Should JUICY cook HTC messaging back into R6 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1403113)
I will say that while my opinion is different from that of the OP, I don't see a problem with this thread. He is expressing his opinion and asking to see if others agree with him. If you don't like it, don't read and don't post in it. He hasn't demaned anything and is civil, so what's the problem?

You have been "Thanked"

kash23 12-10-2009 06:01 PM

Annoying? Then don't to read this thread. This is a poll to see if ppl whould prefer it left in the rom, instead of a tab that goes nowhere. Atleast we are giving Juicy an idea or two instead of being silent about it. Lol, its only our opinion, no need to bash us.

unkellsam 12-10-2009 06:02 PM

Just fix it to act like 2.1 - when you click the preview it should take you to the message. This shouldnt be hard to do, just a registry tweak somewhere...

And Juicy or somebody should post a cab to reinstall HTC messaging.

x10guy 12-10-2009 06:05 PM

Yes it's a free country but it's annoying because it has already been discussed at length in Juicy's ROM thread.

And from the look of things, the poll numbers is not telling us anything useful.

Also if someone is so desperate for HTC messaging, why not just cook your own ROM?

IcyStorm 12-10-2009 06:06 PM

I don't understand why everyone is hating on this poll. We're not demanding he puts it back; I think we all understand that Juicy is doing this for free and we're all grateful for his time and effort into building these ROMs for us.

That being said, even the disabling of HTC Messaging was something he ASKED; he just didn't do it on his own, but he asked in the topic. At the time, there were more people for the removal of HTC Messaging, but its removal makes it a hassle for some of us, when one of the Sense UI's features is to make everything integrated and cohesive in a social context.

1) We cannot view SMS messages from a contact's page. If we go to a contact's SMS tab, a black screen shows up, and it's kinda bothersome not only because it removes the functionality, but because it looks ugly.

2) We cannot use the favorites feature if we have it set it to text. Sure, if our favorites are set to call or email, it works fine, but nothing happens if the contact is set to text, and that's rather annoying.

We want the HTC Messaging feature back; but we're in no way flaming Juicy and badmouthing anyone here.

x10guy 12-10-2009 06:14 PM

How come no one is answering the question...

"Why not learn how to cook your own ROM?"

Then you won't have to put up threads like these?

kash23 12-10-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 1403190)
Yes it's a free country but it's annoying because it has already been discussed at length in Juicy's ROM thread.

And from the look of things, the poll numbers is not telling us anything useful.

Also if someone is so desperate for HTC messaging, why not just cook your own ROM?

Its a poll dude, thats all. Why so defensive? Now we all must become developers? lol Yo..Juicy.. don't get it twisted your Rom is awesome!! but thats my opinion on the htc messaging client.

x10guy 12-10-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kash23 (Post 1403226)
Why so defensive? ...

That's an ironic statement... I don't think that is what you meant because it's probably the other way around... lol.

BTW, I didn't say become a developer. I said cook your own ROM. There is a difference.

Also I NEVER said this thread was bashing Juicy either...

kash23 12-10-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 1403234)
That's an ironic statement... I don't think that is what you meant because it's probably the other way around... lol.

BTW, I didn't say become a developer. I said cook your own ROM. There is a difference.

Also I NEVER said this thread was bashing Juicy either...

Ha. =D>

x10guy 12-10-2009 06:22 PM

Polls are fine...
I'm just saying that ROMS are such a subjective thing. Some like NRG, some Mighty, some Juicy...etc.

And even within those circles, there are SO MANY different tastes. You can't please anyone.

I know that the stated purpose of the poll is to give some feedback to Juicy, but point is that if Juicy adds it back in... we'll end up with other requests to take it out and perhaps another opposite poll.