PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Should JUICY cook HTC messaging back into R6 ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101135)

nutzy19 12-16-2009 04:57 PM

Re: Should JUICY cook HTC messaging back into R6 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1418274)
i'm thinking people are upset about this polll because they like htc messaging disabled and don't want to see it get put back in... otherwise, it's kind of petty to get upset about a simple poll. This is a debate that has been ongoing in Sense ROM threads. Now we can see how many people truly like it or don't. And it looks like there's a nice balance of people who like it either way. As long as it's kept classy, who cares.

BTW, If juicy ends up making two separate ROMs... one with and one without, we know who to thank.

The thanks is all yours, and anyone else that ADDS to this discussion openly without predjudice to the reason. Im trying to like SMS-chat and exist without HTC messaging but its been very difficult.

macsucks 12-16-2009 05:08 PM

Yes put back the htc messaging. Only problem was when attaching a file to send to the other party. They receive the message but not the file attachment? Send and Receive is fine just attaching a file other party dont receive the attached file. If you can fix that I would be happy if you can put it back. Or maybe post a fix cab for that only instead have to do another flash again. Thanks..

jmorton10 12-16-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutzy19 (Post 1418307)
Im trying to like SMS-chat and exist without HTC messaging but its been very difficult.

I use SMS-Chat mapped to a hardware button which is the ultimate SMS app IMHO. I'm curious however, if it is that difficult to exist without the HTC app why not just flash back one version??

Hell, I am still using R3 as everything works perfectly for me & I see no reason to update any further at this time......

~John

jmorton10 12-16-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsucks (Post 1418332)
Yes put back the htc messaging. Only problem was when attaching a file to send to the other party. They receive the message but not the file attachment? ..

LOL, if that worked the app never would have been removed......

~John

nutzy19 12-16-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1418344)
I use SMS-Chat mapped to a hardware button which is the ultimate SMS app IMHO. I'm curious however, if it is that difficult to exist without the HTC app why not just flash back one version??

Hell, I am still using R3 as everything works perfectly for me & I see no reason to update any further at this time......

~John

I (as with many here) like "cutting edge". If there is some form of advanced functionality that comes with a newer rom build then Im all over it! I could go back to R5, but is that the way that roms evolve?

kash23 12-18-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1418353)
LOL, if that worked the app never would have been removed......

~John

That app works just fine the way i installed it back into R6, No LAG WHATSOEVER. 300+ txts as of yesturday.

jmorton10 12-18-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kash23 (Post 1423539)
That app works just fine the way i installed it back into R6, No LAG WHATSOEVER. 300+ txts as of yesturday.

I actually flashed to R6 just to try what you posted, but it certainly wasn't lag-free for me (I guess it depends on what your definition of lag is, or on how fast you type etc).

Using SMS-Chat works so well that I don't care however.

I would be using SMS-Chat even if the HTC app worked perfectly (I have used it since my xv6800 days)

~John

kash23 12-19-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1423567)
I actually flashed to R6 just to try what you posted, but it certainly wasn't lag-free for me (I guess it depends on what your definition of lag is, or on how fast you type etc).

Using SMS-Chat works so well that I don't care however.

I would be using SMS-Chat even if the HTC app worked perfectly (I have used it since my xv6800 days)

~John

LOL @My Definition of Lag? Has anyone tried that new reg edit to get mms working native thru the HTC Messaging Client? :confused1: