PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 07:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Verizon Claims it didn't receive phone I returned

So has anyone else had this problem?

I received my TP2 a few weeks ago and promptly (and happily) sent them back the TP1 it replaced. I have the tracking # so I am not anticipating a long, drawn out drama, but once again it looks as if Verizon dropped the ball.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:58 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: Verizon Claims it didn't receive phone I returned

Wow, my biggest fear as our phones aren't cheap! I always send my phones back with a large sticky label stuck to the back of the phone showing my name, account number, cell number, phone model, and esn. I stick that in a small padded envelope, sealed, with a duplicate labe on it. I stick that in a box and mail it out. Never had a problem.

But I hope they find your phone. Did they charge you for it, or you just tried to follow up and they said they have nothing yet?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

That's not a bad idea at all! I think I'll start adding those extra CYA layers you mentioned next time. I don't know why, but that's always terrified me, too.

Well, I had hopped online to view my account when I saw the huge $500+ charge. After collecting my jaw, I pulled up the scanned documents I kept and found the tracking number, which then led me to FedEx and proof Verizon had received it.

Long story short, I just this moment got off the phone with Cedric at Vzw who told me they received the phone and that despite the website showing the charge without a credit, the credit had indeed also been applied. So according to Cedric I have a zero balance. Naturally I recorded the call and will wait and make sure all is as he says it is.

Loose ends: So the culprit appears to be my local FedEx Store, that, according to the tracking info, inexplicably held onto the package for a few weekdays, returning the phone past the Vzw 10 day window and causing me to get dinged.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by constitutionalist View Post
That's not a bad idea at all! I think I'll start adding those extra CYA layers you mentioned next time. I don't know why, but that's always terrified me, too.

Well, I had hopped online to view my account when I saw the huge $500+ charge. After collecting my jaw, I pulled up the scanned documents I kept and found the tracking number, which then led me to FedEx and proof Verizon had received it.

Long story short, I just this moment got off the phone with Cedric at Vzw who told me they received the phone and that despite the website showing the charge without a credit, the credit had indeed also been applied. So according to Cedric I have a zero balance. Naturally I recorded the call and will wait and make sure all is as he says it is.

Loose ends: So the culprit appears to be my local FedEx Store, that, according to the tracking info, inexplicably held onto the package for a few weekdays, returning the phone past the Vzw 10 day window and causing me to get dinged.
Damnit FedEx store employees! I guess it just shows that there's always the chance of human error.

Glad you got that figured out. Yea, one time I had 2 XV8600's to return (I was late to return the first one), and after finding out about the charges, I stopped procrastinating, and I actually zip tied the two phones together (there was a little loop on the phone for a strap), and did my whole sticker, padded envelope, sticker thing. Needless to say, I didn't want them getting one phone, and not the other. I try to eliminate all possibility of a service employee having an off day, and messing up my return. After all, your experience just proves careless mistakes can happen when so many people are involved in the process.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

LOL Exactly. If you leave a Murphy-sized loophole, Murphy's going to hop right through it.

Another thing I do to cut my chances of something going awry (and this might sound semi-rude toward Vzw techs, but certainly isn't meant to be) is if I happen to get one on the phone I don't feel is firing on all cylinders, rather than taking the chance of a likely foul-up, I'll just drop the call and call back to get a different tech. Experience has backed up that gut instinct enough that that I won't even take the chance anymore.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Is there some reason you didn't return the phone to the local Verizon store.

If I don't keep mine, that was my game plan so there'd be no question about them getting it.

Am I missing something?
Old 12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker

i have had the same problem. I think its just the people in that department cause when i call customer service they put me on hold for 5 mins and verify my phone was returned. But i still keep getting calls saying no returns lll
Old 12-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Smile Re: Verizon Claims it didn't receive phone I returned

i have a 6800 right now(both still activate) that i was suppost to return but never did and i guess they forgot that was over a year ago right now i have two tp2 if that forget agian i will be senting the second phone to htc for repair!!(touch screen no longer touchs)

edit: they just asked if i sent it back to them!!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 12-08-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: thought i was going to get over on them agian!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2