View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 AM
WhiteBlazer01
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Claims it didn't receive phone I returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by constitutionalist View Post
That's not a bad idea at all! I think I'll start adding those extra CYA layers you mentioned next time. I don't know why, but that's always terrified me, too.

Well, I had hopped online to view my account when I saw the huge $500+ charge. After collecting my jaw, I pulled up the scanned documents I kept and found the tracking number, which then led me to FedEx and proof Verizon had received it.

Long story short, I just this moment got off the phone with Cedric at Vzw who told me they received the phone and that despite the website showing the charge without a credit, the credit had indeed also been applied. So according to Cedric I have a zero balance. Naturally I recorded the call and will wait and make sure all is as he says it is.

Loose ends: So the culprit appears to be my local FedEx Store, that, according to the tracking info, inexplicably held onto the package for a few weekdays, returning the phone past the Vzw 10 day window and causing me to get dinged.
Damnit FedEx store employees! I guess it just shows that there's always the chance of human error.

Glad you got that figured out. Yea, one time I had 2 XV8600's to return (I was late to return the first one), and after finding out about the charges, I stopped procrastinating, and I actually zip tied the two phones together (there was a little loop on the phone for a strap), and did my whole sticker, padded envelope, sticker thing. Needless to say, I didn't want them getting one phone, and not the other. I try to eliminate all possibility of a service employee having an off day, and messing up my return. After all, your experience just proves careless mistakes can happen when so many people are involved in the process.