PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Lags... Is it worth what I paid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairice View Post
I would recommend you check out Opera Mini 5. It's a slightly more basic version of the browser, but many times faster due to server side rendering and such.
I agree totally.

OM 5 is the first browser that has actually made my TP2 enjoyeable enough for internet surfing that I am not reaching for my ipod touch (tethered with WMwifirouter) everytime I want to browse around for a while..............

~John
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuff

I hard reset my phone, something I knew I should have done in the first place but never did. I had a HTC6800 for two years and always hard reset after flashing a new rom. Sloth on my part.

Also, I installed a cab which tweaks opera 9.5, which seems to have sped it up. I also installed Opera Mini Beta 5 and it is very nice.

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Just for what its worth. I have the TP2 running mightyrom and various cabs and tweaks which i load on all my phones, and the 2000mah extended battery for 10 bucks on ebay. My fiance has an iphone 3GS. My phone is faster and more responsive than hers, and the battery lasts longer. Anytime we need to gps something we both pull out our phones to see who can get there first and i always have the gps running and mapped before hers is even loaded. Mine has better gaming capabilities (assuming your willing to scour the net for the games), more functionality, customization, and storage space. And yes, i have jailbroken her iphone so she DOES have the full function its capable of. The TP2 is simply an awesome device. The only thing i hate, and miss from the TP, is that it doesnt have a flash, and therefore we cannot use htorch.

The moral of the story is, if your tp is laggy, then either something is wrong with it, or you need to do more tweaking.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

I've hard reset and not hard reset after many many flashes and I never see any bit of difference between doing it and not doing it. Just my 2 cents.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2