PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Lags... Is it worth what I paid?

Hi all,

I have tried a couple of the Mighty Roms and I like them. However I feel that the TP2 is just not up to par as far as hardware is concerned. It seems like the software is too much for the hardware.

Browsing using Opera 9.5 is extremely slow as far as rendering the websites, especially when scrolling around. I am in Miami with full EVDO bars and tested the speed on dslreports (1400kbits).

Does anyone else experience this "lag" with the TP2? I have used other phones and they do not seem to act as overwhelmed as the TP2 does.

Specs:
TP2 Sprint
MightyRom 12/6

No programs installed other than what came with the MightyRom.

Is my TP2 defective? I purchased it brand new at the sprint store.

Please let me know if I should return it, exchange it or something else. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP2 Lags... Is it worth what I paid?

I have no lag at all on my stock Verizon TP2. I did apply the Verizon TP2 clean-up though. This phone is extremely responsive and I havent found a need to flash yet.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

LMAO, dude, it's Windows Mobile, LOL Look, this things not gonna be fast like an iphone, blackberry or android. It can be made faster than Stock, but that's it. You either learn to live with it because of the things Win Mo can do (....android can do them too for most of us now), or you move on. That's all friend.

Edit: I'll even add that there will probably be moments when the phone does act right....and then it will lag again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwood View Post
Hi all,

I have tried a couple of the Mighty Roms and I like them. However I feel that the TP2 is just not up to par as far as hardware is concerned. It seems like the software is too much for the hardware.

Browsing using Opera 9.5 is extremely slow as far as rendering the websites, especially when scrolling around. I am in Miami with full EVDO bars and tested the speed on dslreports (1400kbits).

Does anyone else experience this "lag" with the TP2? I have used other phones and they do not seem to act as overwhelmed as the TP2 does.

Specs:
TP2 Sprint
MightyRom 12/6

No programs installed other than what came with the MightyRom.

Is my TP2 defective? I purchased it brand new at the sprint store.

Please let me know if I should return it, exchange it or something else. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

Try a hard reset after the flash. Pull batt after the flash. Install carrier spesific cabs. Thease should help along with other tweaks.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:07 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, theres soooo many tweaks to make tp2 fly. theres opera tweaks,driver tweaks ect. are you hardresetting after flash? keeping mem clean? deleting cookies in opera?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tprime76 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tprime76

I honestly believe that my TP2 (MightyRom 11/26)is just as fast as any iPhone or BB that I have used. The iPhone just makes the transitions between screens look quicker because they are animated. Immediately after a soft reset the phone IS slower while it is prefetching, but after that I get no lag. From what I have seen, the Android phones are a bit quicker, but the OS is a bit immature for my uses. Once the community gets time to really beat on it a bit it will probably be the OS on my next phone, but for now I believe the best balance of functionality, speed and customizability falls onto WM.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprime76 View Post
I honestly believe that my TP2 (MightyRom 11/26)is just as fast as any iPhone or BB that I have used. The iPhone just makes the transitions between screens look quicker because they are animated. Immediately after a soft reset the phone IS slower while it is prefetching, but after that I get no lag. From what I have seen, the Android phones are a bit quicker, but the OS is a bit immature for my uses. Once the community gets time to really beat on it a bit it will probably be the OS on my next phone, but for now I believe the best balance of functionality, speed and customizability falls onto WM.
Nicely said!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor

You can revert back to the stock 6.1 rom which is faster than most cooked rom. With it you can disable HTC Sense completely from the "Settings - Today". It won't look nice, but it is faster. Otherwise, MightyRom is the fastest cooked rom I have tried.

Also from my experience, Opera 10 beta 2 improved much in speed over the older version so give that a try.

Your transfer speed is pretty good for a mobile phone, its just down to how the software render the graphic and the configuration. You have to change the network setting to allow more than 4 connections at once. Open Opera and type "opera:config" into the address bar, scroll download and find "Performance", then change "Maximum Connections Server and Total" to somewhere between 8-16.

I only get 1.2mbps in Columbus, but where I live I get .1mpbs which is three times faster than 56k.

Last edited by eksasol; 12-07-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bairice is keeping up the good workbairice is keeping up the good work

The slow speeds you're getting with Opera isn't really a flaw of the TP2, it's moreso the software. I would recommend you check out Opera Mini 5. It's a slightly more basic version of the browser, but many times faster due to server side rendering and such.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:28 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

[QUOTE=eksasol;1392669]Also from my experience, Opera 10 beta 2 improved much in speed over the older version so give that a try./QUOTE]

Yup, it's much nicer. But keep in mind, it's beta. There are a few things that are not there yet (namely the vertical scroll locking), but I think for the most part, many of us know better, and are patiently waiting a final release.

Also, I'm not sure what type of person you are, but many of us on the forum are long time Windows Mobile users. While it's not the best OS out of the box, it can be very nice once all the fat is cut away. It's a bit ironic that slow, buggy Windows Mobile is customizable to become fast and responsive. Definitely check out the tweaks that make the phone better, because it really is a great phone, once it's potential is revealed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2