PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

msternig is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tips for creating .XML files to provision special settings during customization

Is there a way to manually run/load the xml files created by these tools? I have been playing with Sashimi and would like to use the Manual provisioning tool to create several pop email accounts on an existing ROM. I am trying to get this working on my current setup by deleting a single account and then trying to create it from the xml that gets created by these tools. For some reason it doesn't seem to create my email account though. Am I missing something, or is this just not possible? I would like to get this ironed out and tested so I can flash toa new rom and then import my email accoutns easily. THANKS!

EDIT: Not sure if it matters, but I am running on a Touch Pro (not 2!)

Last edited by msternig; 01-11-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work
Re: Tips for creating .XML files to provision special settings during customization

Quote:
Originally Posted by msternig View Post
Is there a way to manually run/load the xml files created by these tools? I have been playing with Sashimi and would like to use the Manual provisioning tool to create several pop email accounts on an existing ROM. I am trying to get this working on my current setup by deleting a single account and then trying to create it from the xml that gets created by these tools. For some reason it doesn't seem to create my email account though. Am I missing something, or is this just not possible? I would like to get this ironed out and tested so I can flash toa new rom and then import my email accoutns easily. THANKS!

If you already created the xml files then I would use this:

http://www.supware.net/CabGen/

I created an cab file from the xml created by makisu and everytime I flash I just run it and my emal is all setup
Old 01-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by msternig View Post

it doesnt matter if u run this on either touch pro or touch pro 2, itll work on any wm device

but im not too sure what you're asking here....what i would do in your case is setup every email account u want on your phone the way u like it, then run the email xml creator this way it gets all the email accounts and puts them in 1 single xml, unless u want the email addresses seperately in diff xmls which is fine too but more work to reload the xml....

to manually load the xml after an install u can use xda_uc (which is the easiest) but if your rom doesnt have that cooked in then i suggest fdc taskmanager, most roms have this, if not u can download the cab for free, open the app, then open the menu and there is an option to isntall a provxml, just point to the directory and the file and click ok

Old 01-19-2010, 09:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

journey is a n00b

Thanks for all the work. I wish I had found this thread early--I spent 8 hours yesterday setting up the 'provisioning' files for my TP2. This thread would have saved me a couple of hours. I saved out the XML for several applications, so that took the bulk of the time. Having the registry key locations for all the items in the dnld is going to be very helpful as I had not gotten to all those yet.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oakie45 is just getting started

So for XDA_UC do we need a sdconfig.txt file. The original poster didn't say anything about this. I used the bat files and created the xmls. I put them in \storagecard\XDA_UC\. After I ran XDA_UC in mightys new rom it only installed the cabs in the folder. I want to flash more but its hard when you have to enter all the settings again. PLEASE HELP!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond 2
Carrier: Vodafone

JimmyNeutron is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOoThEm View Post
This is gold! Thanks a bunch, i have been looking to do this for activesync forever.
If i could give two thanks i would :-p

Once you have flashed your new ROM and imported these settings for AS, when you connect to the PC will Activesync ask you to create a new partnership or will you be able to use your previous partnership ?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

guess I'll add some here.
This is the setup for some of the common emails, hotmail, yahoo, gmail are all tested and working. just open the xml and add your login info, then save.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EMAIL TEMPLATES.zip (2.8 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

What a great tool. Thanks again!

Does anyone else have any other settings they back up using this method that they care to share?

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 05-05-2010, 02:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
  • ...You may have to edit the xml for htc account manager with your proper password for facebook, twitter, youtube if you want that stored the same way, just look in the xml for the password line for each

Where is it that this is entered? I see Twitter Password and then*(^*&92384718732(&*^^&E$%^#^&@%609384 and it has a value of String.

Can I just erase the jumbled characters and then enter my info?
Old 05-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

you can try, i dont think i ever got the twitter password to stick but it would remember my username then after flash id just have to enter it once, the facebook is similar but i think the password will stick after flashes
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2