PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The purpose of the design of the back cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
The holes for Sprint cover is covered inside so it really doesn't work as ventilation. But he was talking about the plastic sheet inside the cover.
This thread is a perfect example of a useless forum posting. The OP stats opinion as fact. You just wasted a lot of peoples time by opening this thread and then reading through all of the crap that follows. I agree fully with aznmode and have proof which you may look at yourself. Please, please, please think about what you are posting before doing so. Opinions are like......you know the jokes. So...opinions....please refrain from posting them as fact! Click the link below for proof of the OP's ignorance!

http://www.filefront.com/15061543/IMAG0001.jpg
Old 12-05-2009, 02:13 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellguyn91 View Post
This thread is a perfect example of a useless forum posting. The OP stats opinion as fact. You just wasted a lot of peoples time by opening this thread and then reading through all of the crap that follows. I agree fully with aznmode and have proof which you may look at yourself. Please, please, please think about what you are posting before doing so. Opinions are like......you know the jokes. So...opinions....please refrain from posting them as fact! Click the link below for proof of the OP's ignorance!

Well the OP probably shouldn't have stated it as fact but what does your picture show? Other posters have guessed that the soft backing underneath the battery cover may be some time of material facilitates heat transfer. Now I am wondering if all versions have this stuff underneath the battery cover.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

bairice is keeping up the good workbairice is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Jeez, calm down. I'm sorry if I stated it as fact, as I was reasonably sure, but I guess I should've mentioned that it should still be considered speculation. Maybe the term heatsink was incorrect, but I do believe that this design allows more heat to escape to the surroundings. Perhaps it's negligible, I don't know.

Sorry if your precious time was wasted.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:54 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:

what does the pic show?
Old 12-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

It's funny because I was the first one criticizing Sprint about the back cover when they're version first leaked. I hated the pictures but in person I think the back cover looks awsome, almost Matrix like. I actually do still see the heat issues once in a while even when I'm talking and not teathering.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

you guys do know the all those holes aren't holes, right? there are only two slots in the cover, both for the speakers. one is long and one is wide. maybe the felt inside the cover does something, but the holes are just for sound.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

*shakes head* guys the back cover was not designed as a "heatsync" it was designed to look all sprint like. Its plastic, has the same shitty thermal properties as the phones chassis.... how would that be a heatsync? there would be no benefit.

Heat sinks function by efficiently transferring thermal energy ("heat") from an object at a relatively high temperature to a second object at a lower temperature with a much greater heat capacity.

so.... yeah...

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 12-05-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:33 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I think it's all about kick backs. Some important guy at Sprint wanted to hookup his friend's industrial design firm. So he gave him a contract to make a battery cover, which he didn't need to do because HTC already paid bought some Dutch industrial design firm to design battery covers. With some of the money he was paid to make a special "Sprint" battery cover he paid his buddy that hooked him up. Either that or HTC was going to have a bigger speaker and changed their mind at the last minute (someone else posted this idea too). Imagine how thick the TP2 would be with a speaker that big???
Old 12-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:

Who do you think you are; telling people what to post (Noob) I noticed you joined Dec. 09 with a rep of 5. Instead of being negative and talking out of your a** try being more useful and contribute. Try by giving your idea what the cover might be designed for, If you don't know don't bother posting.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4G

mawst95 is keeping up the good workmawst95 is keeping up the good work

plastic doesn't work as a heat sink.

/thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2