PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hard spl unlock not working on my replaced phone...

I posted my findings regarding this issue in the hard spl thread too.

They are absolutely logging the IMEI's of the phones, IP addresses, and who knows what else. If you try to activate a new/replacement phone from an IP address that has already activated one, your new/replacement phone will be blacklisted till you pay or wait for support.

As I said in the HSPL thread... there is some SHADY shit going on!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:21 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post

They are absolutely logging the IMEI's of the phones, IP addresses, and who knows what else. If you try to activate a new/replacement phone from an IP address that has already activated one, your new/replacement phone will be blacklisted till you pay or wait for support.

well each phone has a new IMEI... my connection is not static, therefore i can just reboot my router and i'll be on a new IP address... as for the other info, i'm wondering what it is

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

Could it be as simple as when the HardSPL is run the first time, it saves the IMEI in within the program itself, and checks online to see if the IMEI is good or not for the upgrade.
That would explain for different connections on different computers.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
welcome to the new world order.....
+1 for that statement. lol
Old 12-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post

This is correct. If you unlock your phone at your place on your network, now your network, phone, AND computer is on the list and CAN’T unlock another phone. Now say your roommate, wife, brother or anybody else has a Touch Pro 2 and want to unlock at your place, they will not be able too. Plus their never unlocked phone is now blacklisted.

Say you used your laptop to unlock your phone on your network and you have a coworker at work that wants to unlock on your laptop using your companies network. You will not be able to unlock your coworkers phone on your companies network using your laptop and now your companies network and your coworkers phone is flagged/blacklisted.

Technically nobody at your job has unlocked yet, but since you tried to unlock your coworkers phone on your laptop on your companies network, now nobody else in the company will be able to use the network to unlock a phone. Lol Plus your coworker who has never had an unlock performed, his phone is blacklisted and has to contact support to get his IMEI approved.

Once a phone has been unlocked on a computer or network, you have to use a new phone on a new computer on a new network to unlock it. A phone can’t be anywhere near a network that has had an unlock, otherwise they will have to pay or contact support. Lol

It’s a RACKET, but we have no choice. Lol Well you do have a choice, either Pay to play, or don’t pay and can’t play. lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i had a replacement and they made me pay for it pretty shady one not a flat rate for like 10 unlocks that would cover you for the life of the phone and replacements.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond/touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

nptouch is a n00b

So, no one else in the world has the ability to unlock a TP2?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tp2

Bigfan is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nptouch
So, no one else in the world has the ability to unlock a TP2?
Right. We all waited for this 1 person to make the unlocker. Since they are the only one to make it they decided to make some money. If you spent 3 months making something everyone wants wouldn't you charge a little for all your hard work. This wasn't a one night project. Be thankful they gave us 1 free unlock.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfan View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Right. We all waited for this 1 person to make the unlocker. Since they are the only one to make it they decided to make some money. If you spent 3 months making something everyone wants wouldn't you charge a little for all your hard work. This wasn't a one night project. Be thankful they gave us 1 free unlock.
Make some money is one thing, but make a lot of money is another. Especially when we have these awesome Rom developers that don't requirement payment for their hard work. I just hope the stunt they pulled doesn't start a trend and others that create roms or unlockers don't follow.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One that concerns me the most...especially with all this talk....What if our ESN's are compromised?? There could be people out there "spoofing" and not paying for service??!!??!!??!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2