PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hard spl unlock not working on my replaced phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
it gave you the commercial use message also?
No it gave me an error message saying it can't communicate with my phone. I tried it on my laptop (windows 7) and on my desktop (Vista) .. same error message on both
Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mongul> touch > diamond > touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ezln0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
No it gave me an error message saying it can't communicate with my phone. I tried it on my laptop (windows 7) and on my desktop (Vista) .. same error message on both
did you tried putting it on Bootloader?

Old 12-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezln0423 View Post
did you tried putting it on Bootloader?
yup, i tried running it from bootloader. it gets as far as the gray screen with the progress bar at the top but just sits at 0%
Old 12-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

This is very frustrating and its BS that we have to continue donating b/c they wont reply. Im glad Badsez workaround is working for me, but it doesnt seem to work for anybody else. I'll keep looking.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
This is very frustrating and its BS that we have to continue donating b/c they wont reply.

please, please don't say nonsense rumours, we ARE replying.

PS: "continue donating" - sounds like you got a commercial amount of phones... :P

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
Old 12-17-2009, 04:34 AM
VIP Member

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
I agree with you in that if your worried then don’t use it, however we truly don’t know EACH BIT of information that it collects. Right now we know it works to unlock, if you have a problem open a support ticket and wait or donate $5.12. If you get a replacement device it’s possible they won’t grant the free unlock and you have to pay. Awesome way to make money because right now they get an unlimited amount of donations with no end in sight. Lol Pay or use stock roms. Lol (novel concept)

i WISH it were unlimited donations LOL. it is not... from another post of yours, it looks like I DID help you, so why do you keep spreading nonsense rumours about us rejecting the requests?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:35 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
someone mentioned earlier in the thread that simply using a different location won't do the trick because it logs information about you. that's why i said that it may work in a new location if the phone is unactivated with your carrier, therefore isn't associated with an account or phone number yet

that can't be it because people have tried to unlock from a different location altogether (different ip, different computer, etc) without luck. so it's more likely the log your phone number, imei, ip address, etc and if any red flags come up in the verification process, you're denied
we don't log phone number or SIM card info.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:36 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspace View Post
One that concerns me the most...especially with all this talk....What if our ESN's are compromised?? There could be people out there "spoofing" and not paying for service??!!??!!??!!
we also do not log ESN.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
This is a response i got from htc unlocks...

Code:
-- HTC-Unlocks --

Bill Indelicato,

the software is provided as-is with no warranties either express or implied.

If you have security concerns then you should not run the program, simple as that, we provide the service of our own free will under our terms, we are not slaves of the public, the software remains our own.

What I will say is that we don't collect any information that can be used to identify you personally, however, if you're unfortunate enough to live in some despot dictatorship with a government that particularly hates you and also has the power to confiscate your equipment in order to identify you then you could have a problem, but then again, if someone had that much power, I doubt they'll be contacting us to ask if your machine was used to Hard-SPL a device, don't you agree?

either way, it's simple: if you don't trust it, don't use it.
Clearly the person replying is not thinking properly...these concerns only come after using the product. not before...we weren't aware of the raising issue before. We weren't subject to proper terms of the unlocker. Although he/she claims that no information is obtained that may be used to identify me personally...i still must disagree. If he/she has access to the inner workings of the device upon activation then he/she certainly have access to information that is pertinent to my identity including contact info...esn...info on business and personal contacts stored in device...naked pics of my wifey...etc.

JESUS what assumptions. no, we don't have or acquire info on any of that!!! why would we care anyway???
Old 12-17-2009, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
JESUS what assumptions. no, we don't have or acquire info on any of that!!! why would we care anyway???
How would we know that? You don't disclose jack to us other than where to send the $$$$$

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2