PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wth.... if TNZ's mogul runs WM5 I imagine it came out before sprint's version? That means radio v1.47 has existed before sprint even released their 6800 - which means it has been available this entire time but sprint did not release it this way and has even pushed back the update - what gives?!

it's not like there aren't other rev a devices on their network either (laptop cards)....

Last edited by holo; 10-11-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 PM
o_O
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Telecom NZ

o_O is a n00b
It was officially released 10th September. I don't think that a comparison between TNZ and anyone else holds much weight really, because TNZ are usually pretty slow to adopt new products - just look at the state of their broadband service (unfortunately the monopolistic ISP over the past 15 years).

I believe that the reason the Titan shipped with WM5 is because they don't see it as a worthwhile investment to put together a WM6 ROM. It's pretty disappointing really, given that in less than half an hour I (with a little advice) was able to put together a ROM that works perfectly on this network.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: OKTA Touch
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

bradstewart is a n00b
WM6 for the TNZ Titan will be released within days including an update to Rev A.

The Titan currently doesn't support Rev A after all. We just get excellent Rev 0 speeds due to Telecoms excellent CDMA coverage here.

At the moment there is no offical TNZ ROM in the wild, but the WM6 one will be posted on their website as soon as it is available.

For what it is worth, TNZ were the first to release AKU2.2 for the Apache if I recall correctly.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by o_O View Post
It was officially released 10th September. I don't think that a comparison between TNZ and anyone else holds much weight really, because TNZ are usually pretty slow to adopt new products - just look at the state of their broadband service (unfortunately the monopolistic ISP over the past 15 years).

I believe that the reason the Titan shipped with WM5 is because they don't see it as a worthwhile investment to put together a WM6 ROM. It's pretty disappointing really, given that in less than half an hour I (with a little advice) was able to put together a ROM that works perfectly on this network.
ah yes but you forget about the licensing fees they undoubtedly have to pay for wm6 - wm5 might have been cheaper

that's still pretty unsettling to know there has been a rev a radio update out there for >a month and sprint is pushing back rev a til 2008
Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradstewart View Post
WM6 for the TNZ Titan will be released within days including an update to Rev A.

The Titan currently doesn't support Rev A after all. We just get excellent Rev 0 speeds due to Telecoms excellent CDMA coverage here.

At the moment there is no offical TNZ ROM in the wild, but the WM6 one will be posted on their website as soon as it is available.

For what it is worth, TNZ were the first to release AKU2.2 for the Apache if I recall correctly.
if this is true, then we should be able to extract the radio rom (among other goodies) straight from the signed rom update. good news, hopefully..
Old 10-11-2007, 11:55 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Can you guys update us when/if that ROM is released?

I don't think it would take much for us to make it work on our phones too, if anything.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
im sure its a lot harder then a lot of people make it seem, it isnt something that easy im sure
Old 10-12-2007, 04:49 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
nah, there's really no reason that it should be that hard. Rev A is Rev A.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Couldn't we just do a full flash using TNZ WM6 update when they release it and then reflash just the OS with the ROM of our choice? That should retain the TNZ radio.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: OKTA Touch
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

bradstewart is a n00b
Sprint users are going to see a Rev A update shortly before TNZ release their WM6 update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan