PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 05:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NZ rom, or some titan with rev a?

I recall reading here somewhere that titans somewhere, new zealand if I recall correctly, have REV A on them, I was wondering if anyone had a copy of their radio rom / what version it was, as putting it on our titans might give us REV A?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
So, apparently it's telecom new zealand that has Rev. A. I searched the ftp but only could find the os rom and extrom, so is it not possible to dump the radio rom at this point? I'm pretty sure pdocread can read the radio rom. TNZ users?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:49 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
I don't think that we can use it. Read this post about someone who flashed a US ROM to their TNZ Titan and didn't remove the radio:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...age_no=1#89419

EDIT: Actually, found a thread on here where ImCoKeMaN was helping the guy dump it... but apparently his phone was working, it sounds like he just wanted to keep his standard radio and such.

Someone with a TNZ Titan should definitely dump their radio.

Though I imagine Sprint will be a little bit pissed if we beat them to the punch on Rev A

EDIT2: bradstewart is on TNZ and says he has over 2500 on download tests, which would implicate Rev A. Someone should ask him if he'll dump his radio for us.

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 10-11-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
yeah i deffinetly dont wanna wait till 2008 for Rev A
Old 10-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
So far there is no way to dump the radio image from a Titan. I have tried to make sure that the TNZ users aren't flashing new radios though so if there does become a way to do soi will definitely grab it and let people have a shot. this isn't like the apache where the radio and bootloader are simply accessible via the pdocread command.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
o_O
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Telecom NZ

o_O is a n00b
The TNZ ROM was dumped from my Titan, but that was just to help restore another one. Rev A is indeed working here - the radio is 1.47. I'll be happy to give my radio as soon as there's a way to dump it.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_O View Post
The TNZ ROM was dumped from my Titan, but that was just to help restore another one. Rev A is indeed working here - the radio is 1.47. I'll be happy to give my radio as soon as there's a way to dump it.
Do you know if TNZ has released some type of update (or if maybe the techs have an actual backup, I would imagine they would have something to reflash bricked phones.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

actually does anyone with access to the bootloader know if the rbmc command works?

should be something like:

rbmc [FileName [StartAddr [Len]]]

using that you should be able to dump any portion of memory
Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
Do you know if TNZ has released some type of update (or if maybe the techs have an actual backup, I would imagine they would have something to reflash bricked phones.
Unfortunately, I've searched and searched and I can't find any ROM updates for the TNZ Titan.

Considering that TNZ is much smaller than most other wireless providers, I'd imagine they get ROM updates MUCH slower, if ever.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:34 PM
o_O
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Telecom NZ

o_O is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Unfortunately, I've searched and searched and I can't find any ROM updates for the TNZ Titan.

Considering that TNZ is much smaller than most other wireless providers, I'd imagine they get ROM updates MUCH slower, if ever.
You're exactly right. There was one update released for the Apache in its lifetime; none for the Falcon (Wallaby), etc. The TNZ Titan shipped with WM5 and I was advised by them that there are no plans for a WM6 ROM release. It's frustrating as an end user as they're the only CDMA provider in New Zealand, so it's not I can just cart my Titan off to another company.

It's because of things like this that I resigned from their employ.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan