PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 03:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
how do keys pop off? the keyboard looks like a one piece membrane type thing...
Old 10-10-2007, 03:26 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
No... the key is actually a flat top that's glued to the board below it from what I can tell.

Its a VERY VERY thin piece of plastic that covers up the actual button on the keyboard.

If you hold your Mogul to the side, you can see how thin that little covering is. The key that popped off on mine has about the amount of glue between it that's just enough to fill the size of the letter on the face of the key... in other words, it won't be an issue just one person is going to have. I guess they had to sacrifice something to make the phone so slim - they sacrificed the keyboard.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b
I can't quote the post about the credit card insurance as im on my mogul, but my understanding is that the insurance is on all purchases up to 1k, if an item is lost stolen or broken within 90 days of purchase they replace it.. sounds too good to be true, im calling in a couple hours well see how it goes.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

aughsum is a n00b
wow don't even bother with utstarcom... I called to see if they could get me a new mogul faster than the claim with mastercard will take and it seemed like the csr knew that id give up after she condesendingly mentioned that id have to mail it in, the turn around time, and I wouldn't get a new phone...

lately my life has been filled with inconvience.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
I ordered my Mogul the day they went on sale in June and it's still going strong. In fact I dropped it in a parking lot but there was no damage thanks to my Seidio case.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

aughsum is a n00b
yeah when I get my replacement im going to get one of those aluminum skin cases.. which bring up a question

what is the difference between the first 6800 and the "revised" 6800 (without the pocket pc logo on the front) because if there were and major hardware fixes and my replacement is another one of the old batch ill ebay it and try to get a revised one.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
The "old" batch is said to be much better than the new.

For example, the "new" batch has a different LCD type - its not pure white unless on the medium-high setting anymore and it has problems with interference and making noise.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

aughsum is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
The "old" batch is said to be much better than the new.

For example, the "new" batch has a different LCD type - its not pure white unless on the medium-high setting anymore and it has problems with interference and making noise.
really... cause my replacement mogul had the "pocket pc" logo and my lcd humms when its on the highest level of luminocity.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:52 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
So far, I like my "new batch" Mogul better than my old one (first week release). It doesn't piss me off as much.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:55 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aughsum View Post
really... cause my replacement mogul had the "pocket pc" logo and my lcd humms when its on the highest level of luminocity.
Then it probably doesn't have the original LCD. The previous owner probably cracked the LCD and it had to be replaced.

You can find out if your LCD is of the "new" variety by setting it on the lowest brightness setting and tilting it to see if you see a yellow tinge. If you have it, you have the "new" LCD.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan