PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[quote=betulike2know;101406]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla1126 View Post

So is it a good or bad thing to update to 1.40 radio on Sprint or keep the 1.32 it came with.
Or is the radio version Carrier specific? Or Area specific???

don't think anyone can answer that question for sure.... I am, however, running the 1.40 radio on the sprint rom with 0 issues.... Sprint will probably include it in their update coming out next week though or maybe even a newer one....

It's a newer version which usually means SOMETHING has been fixed but noone can really say what.... I'd say it's probably not worth upgrading if you aren't going to have to hard reset your device anyways (it will hard reset your device when you flash it), but if you're installing another rom or hard resetting anyways I'd install it...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
zilla - I don't even know why I'm bothering to reply to you on this. I normally don't feed the trolls... but since I'm bored... why not?

I'm not going to get into a bitter flame war over it. Its pointless. And I won't apologize either. Two 6700s that got flashed with the radio "upgrade" that was posted for the Apache bricked both of them. Both times, the radio stopped working randomly and then got to the point where it wouldn't even power on anymore. This was two separate devices, one of them was the original I bought back in November of last year which had ZERO problems up until that point.

I knew it was the radio update that bricked the phone. Even downgrading to the last version of the radio didn't fix the issue. So I had Sprint send me a replacement. That replacement worked great for a few days. Flashed the radio just to see and what do you know? It started doing the exact same thing my prior one was doing and I had to get yet another 6700, which had a broken radio out of the box. Probably from someone flashing it as well.

Then I got my Mogul. Its a much better device and I'm happy with it the way it is.

But if you're such an expert on the subject, how about you provide some concrete PROOF that you know what you're talking about when it comes to the radio upgrades that have been posted here for both the 6700 and 6800 by telling us exactly what each radio upgrade does to the phone, in detail, instead of spewing off your theory about what it MAY do.

You can't. So drop it. I won't be apologizing for urging people not to mess with the radio. Its too much of a risk in my opinion. Especially with the fact that all of the newer model Moguls have so many problems.

Oh and btw, I had two other friends with Verizon 6700s who bricked them after updating their radio as well. Coincidence? You decide.

That said, I did end up upgrading to 1.40 without meaning to. I forgot the Alltel ROM had the radio upgrade in it. Luckily, my Mogul is quite far from a brick but it really didn't do anything good or bad that I can tell. I get the same signal everywhere I go, like always. Well except for the fact that my phone now shows 1X in a lot of places where I used to get straight EVDO but who knows, Sprint may be upgrading towers in the area...
Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Lurker

zilla1126 is a n00b
[QUOTE=

That said, I did end up upgrading to 1.40 without meaning to. ...[/QUOTE]

OMFG! Your phone is toast man! Keep it away from your face! It may explode!!!!

Check this link to see why you are in the wrong here:

http://tinyurl.com/3xmerf

Oh, I think I gave enough of an explanation - without extrapolating a couple of things that happened to me into a worldwide phenomenon - and insulting anyone who disagreed with me.

And as for "feeding the trolls", you hijacked a thread by interjecting insults and worthless "evidence" into a non-contentious discussion. Shame on you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan