PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 02:20 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You can get a 7db fluctuation normally just by walking from one side of the room to the other... hell just moving your hand over the case of the phone can cause a 5db fluctuation.

Just to prove my point, I went in on my 6700, put in ##DEBUG#, and looked at my signal strength. -70db. Moved my hand up to the top of the phone and cupped my hand around it and it went to -94db!

Anyway, I'm done debating this, this isn't a rant thread.

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 10-07-2007 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Anyone know of a program that can open a .nb file? Or perhaps a trick to get .nb files to open with a program?

Trying to build myself a custom rom here with Alltel's Core OS and radio files, and sprint's customizations (Minus the useless crap that is)
Old 10-07-2007, 11:27 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
to answer the OP's actual question, there is a file in my directory on the ftp, titan_1.40_radio.rar. This is the radio upgrade only.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
to answer the OP's actual question, there is a file in my directory on the ftp, titan_1.40_radio.rar. This is the radio upgrade only.
sweet.... thanks!
Old 10-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
would you mind telling me how I flash this?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:59 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
would you mind telling me how I flash this?
get ruu.rar from imcokemans directory. this is the flash utility. it will flash whatever .nbh is in the directory with it. you can use it to flash the alltel rom, the radio rom, etc etc

id imagine you want to only have one .nbh file in its folder when you run it.

Last edited by dcd; 10-07-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
get ruu.rar from imcokemans directory. this is the flash utility. it will flash whatever .nbh is in the directory with it. you can use it to flash the alltel rom, the radio rom, etc etc

id imagine you want to only have one .nbh file in its folder when you run it.
awesome thanks again it worked perfectly
Old 10-07-2007, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Dagger969 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
You can get a 7db fluctuation normally just by walking from one side of the room to the other... hell just moving your hand over the case of the phone can cause a 5db fluctuation.

Just to prove my point, I went in on my 6700, put in ##DEBUG#, and looked at my signal strength. -70db. Moved my hand up to the top of the phone and cupped my hand around it and it went to -94db!

Anyway, I'm done debating this, this isn't a rant thread.
Those are consistent numbers. I dont think I have ever broken 90 where I live . Since the radio update I cannot recall anything above 90. I used to get dropped calls out the wazoo. Now, they are very few and far between. Come to think of it, I have stopped waving my hand in front of my phone too. That might be it.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Lurker

zilla1126 is a n00b
EtherealRemnant = (it did not work for me so EVERYONE is stupid!!!)

EtherealRemnant, bear in mind one thing before you post: The amount of words you have to say on a given specific subject should be in direct proportion to your expertise in that specific area.

You went exactly opposite that simple rule.

It is OK *not* to post if you do not have anything *useful* to say. Really, it's OK. We can get by without your input.

Here is some actually useful information (and bear in mind I have approx 20 years of radio electronics background):

The firmware on the radio certainly *does not* affect the antenna's ability to gather in RF signal; you are narrowly right about that). What it DOES affect is how sensitive to NOISE and how fine the frequency discrimination of the receiver is.

It affects how the radio decides to switch towers. It decides when and how to roam.

On top of it all, it decides how to display the signal bars on your phone. The signal bar on your phone is not some kind of simple voltmeter or something. It is showing the *quality* of your signal - which is not DIRECTLY proportional to RF signal strength. A lot of things can degrade or interfere with the signal your phone gets.

Additionally, it makes sense that some members may actually see less bars in a certain area. The new radio firmware may actually now be sensitive enough to lock onto a more distant evdo tower as opposed to a nearer 1x tower. (or they need to update their PRL).

So, how about you apologize to the thousands of people you impugned by saying they were committing "retarded" acts and holding irrational beliefs?

Because from THIS expert's point of view (and I AM an expert); you are guilty of spewing patently false information and being insulting about it to boot.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

betulike2know is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to betulike2know Send a message via Skype™ to betulike2know
[QUOTE=zilla1126;101392]

So is it a good or bad thing to update to 1.40 radio on Sprint or keep the 1.32 it came with.
Or is the radio version Carrier specific? Or Area specific???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan