PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 02:27 AM
Lurker

krys2fur is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah until I manually entered the DNS server. Before, I'd checked on the way home to see if it was just the tower near work but it had problems all the way home. About 20 miles. I figure that was about 3-4 towers.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)
Threadstarter

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
You guys still having net problems? All clear here in Denver on a 6700. 516kb/s
Ok im freaking out everyone keeps saying kb and i feel dumb... are you saying kilobytes or kilobits... cause if you are getting 516K per second im getting ripped off, lol...
Old 10-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Lurker

nino63004 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by krys2fur View Post
If your on a sprint phone you just leave username and password blank. It worked for me and surfing the internet again.
ill try this and see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
You guys still having net problems? All clear here in Denver on a 6700. 516kb/s
the problem i get is it gets hung up in the "locating" stage. when i do a speedtest im getting 432 -932 kbps. so speeds are good but gets stuck in "locating"

its weird and upsetting me.

Nino
Old 10-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Lurker

nino63004 is a n00b
well i did that and its still hung up in "locating" once it gets to that page it loads fast and fine on that site but once i go to a new site it get hung up in the "locating" stage again.

i did notice that if i X out of PIE and make a quick call (4 seconds) go back to browser and try and load that page i was trying before it loads fast.

Nino
Old 10-06-2007, 02:53 AM
Lurker

krys2fur is a n00b
little b is bits Big B is Bytes. You might try switching you last digit on your DNS server. It sounds like it is still taking awhile to connect to the DNS server and then after that it pops up normally. The last number can be 1-6. Try changing your primary and alt. Six different servers, one might work better then the other for you.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)
Threadstarter

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
ok, so most people on this forum get what speeds? around 100 KILOBYTES per second?

According to a speed test and a few downloads, im currently geting 150-189 KILOBYTES per second...
Old 10-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-
Carrier: Sprint

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03
Any definite fix? I don't see why we would have to manually change a setting on our phones because of something sprint did.

--James
Old 10-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc-Mogul PPC-6800

Solor1 is a n00b
Im having the same problem here in chicago. My brother lives 30 miles from me but isnt experiencing any problems
Old 10-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Well, DNS is the locating service for interweb traffic. Without DNS, you would all have to type in numbers instead of friendly names for sites. So lets try this...

For those of you having trouble with locating sites on the internet - yet speedtests all come out great...

First try typing in http://www.ppcgeeks.com and see how long it takes to load (if at all). After a minute or so, if the page hasn't snapped up yet, or if it took forever long to load...

Try typing in http://208.113.163.51 and see if anything different happens. If the page loads fast/normal to you, then you clearly have a DNS issue and its related to the DNS server you have applied to your connection. If you are pulling your DNS server address from Sprint - then yeah you are likely gonna have trouble with it from time to time. Sprint has probably the worst DNS servers I have seen in a long time - and I even have COMCAST internet at home (so I should know all about bad DNS.. )

For those of you trying this without results... you have to make sure that the CM_Guardian file is GONE from your startup directory... if not, every change you make will get re-borked after a soft reset. Its there to keep us from F@@king up (read-Improving) our devices because Sprint wants them all setup the same way.

Try what I said above... you can use the digits to any website even without working Domain Name translation servers. Without DNS though, PPCGeeks.com is nothing more than 208.113.163.51...

***EDIT***

I just clicked the link above and for whatever reason, Firefox won't load the site on my computer

In place of http://www.ppcgeeks.com you can use http://www.microsoft.com
and
In place of http://208.113.163.51 you can use http://207.46.197.32

http://www.microsoft.com is equal to http://207.46.197.32

Last edited by Krayziepop; 10-07-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:28 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
I have Comcast too and I've never had any DNS issues.

Come to think of it, I've never had any with Sprint either. *shrugs* The only time sites don't fly up on the screen of my 6700 is either when I've been browsing in Opera for a long time and have to soft reset because it freezes or when my EVDO drops to 1x.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan