PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FYI - keyboard works in Live Search with the Alltel ROM....
Old 10-02-2007, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

vMAC is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
This what I don't understand. Yes, the keyboard doesn't work in Live Search, but that's a problem with Live Search...not the phone. Second, my bluetooth works fine...what's the repoted issue with it? Third, what memory leak? My usage stays consistent and recoups after prog shutdowns. Fourth, my battery lasts all day with POWER USAGE. That's bluetooth on, wifi on part of the day, tons of calls placed, EAS (Direct Push). Let all not forget what this phone is doing internally. This ain't your mamma's Nokia.

It's like a car: the more horsepower, the more gas it eats.
Doubtful! If so you should sell it for $2,000 because yours is the only one that works like that.

That is unless of course your batterieS last all day because one battery ain't letting you do that. I can't turn on Wi-Fi for more than 10 mins and not have 20% drop off my battery automatically.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Then there's something wrong with your battery and/or phone.

I'm at 90% and have been running BT and Wifi all morning.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
This what I don't understand. Yes, the keyboard doesn't work in Live Search, but that's a problem with Live Search...not the phone. Second, my bluetooth works fine...what's the repoted issue with it? Third, what memory leak? My usage stays consistent and recoups after prog shutdowns. Fourth, my battery lasts all day with POWER USAGE. That's bluetooth on, wifi on part of the day, tons of calls placed, EAS (Direct Push). Let all not forget what this phone is doing internally. This ain't your mamma's Nokia.

It's like a car: the more horsepower, the more gas it eats.
The keyboard problem is not with live search as live search works on other 6800 ROMS, it is a problem with the sprint 2.09.651.3 ROM and (I beleive) ALL .net cf2 apps.

Bluetooth headsets have mad issues reported in every other thread.

The memory leak is a side effect of software (htc home maybe?) that everyone complaining about it is all using. Many 6800 users have no "memory leak" (like me) and it is therefore not a 6800 issue.

My battery is fine as well.

Seriously, sprints ROM updates wont have anything to offer over a custom ROM. If you need your keyboard in .net apps that bad, flash Alltel (or Telus) OS.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Colonel,

That's great news.

I'd be pleased to go back to WM5 if it had a functioning BT audio stack, SDHC drivers and more program memory avail.

Sprint never adequately supported the 6700 - thus far, they're on the same track with the 6800.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:24 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
ebmorgan,

LOL - good joke about "what's the issue with BT".

Your 6800 sounds truly unique. You are fortunate to have it.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Colonel,

That's great news.

I'd be pleased to go back to WM5 if it had a functioning BT audio stack, SDHC drivers and more program memory avail.

Sprint never adequately supported the 6700 - thus far, they're on the same track with the 6800.

I patched together an nbh from a dump of alltel WM5 and posted it in my section of the FTP. Note: If you flash this it will say "corrupt" and you will have to hard reset and use my titan_exitbl tool. If you note all 3 of those things it will work fine. I am running it now (as seen in sig). The RUU is in the same dir.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 10-02-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

vMAC is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
I patched together an nbh from a dump of alltel WM5 and posted it in my section of the FTP. Note: If you flash this it will say "corrupt" and you will have to hard reset and use my titan_exitbl tool. If you note all 3 of those things it will work fine. I am running it now (as seen in sig). The RUU is in the same dir.
What benefit would/does this have over the stock ROM?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan