PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mrenz999 is keeping up the good workmrenz999 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wonder if we could rally enough users to start a class action law suit to force them to give better support and hold them to their word
Old 10-01-2007, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

riviera is a n00b
Sprint knows that people won't band together and start a class action lawsuit. That's why they screw everyone. If Sprint doesn't give up the gps and rev A by the first of the year, i'll pay the $200 to get out of my contract and tell sprint to get bent.

If sprint doesn't get their shit together by the time the next generation iphone comes around, i think they're going to see a lot of people jumping to at&t.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b
What It means is I'm going to go and buy an air card from Verizon. I'm in the process of getting a new Dell Laptop and I'm considering getting an internal air card. The people at my local sprint store have taken really good care of me. From what I gather that seems to be a rarity
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by riviera View Post
If sprint doesn't get their shit together by the time the next generation iphone comes around, i think they're going to see a lot of people jumping to at&t.
I doubt it. People didn't jump ship in droves for the first gen either.

The bottom line is that those of us that aren't already on at&t, aren't on at&t for a good reason. Whether its because their coverage sucks, or the pricing, or past bad taste from dealing with customer service BEFORE signing up (as is my situation), or for some other reason they don't like at&t, they won't all jump ship if they're happy with their provider.

Also, the iPhone isn't that big of a threat. Its a niche phone, with a niche market, one which the likes of LG and Samsung are going to tear into with something much more refined, being that they've been in this much longer.

Even further, Apple's little stint with bricking unlocked phones is going to leave a big red mark on Apple, both in the eyes of the public (who think that its crap that people paid for a brick) and the eyes of the technologically-inclined people who think that locked GSM phones are bad for technological growth and innovation.

People that are pissed off at their carrier will switch to another carrier, iPhone 2 or not.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b
I'd just assuming resort to carrier pigeons as go back to ATT and Apple has been bricking iPhones that have unapproved software.

You want a carrier that will take good care of you go to Tmobile. I switched from them to get Rev A and I'm starting to regret it.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

trev913 is a n00b
I'm onboard with instrmntuvdeth, honestly. I've got no problems with my mogul, though. To be completely honest...I've only had it a month, and no real issues. Yes, I do wish my phone had GPS. No big deal if it doesn't, though.

what are all the other issues people are complaining about, though? my bluetooth works fine, my keyboard is peachy, my alarm is worth complaining about, but I don't use it much (wasn't the alarm also an issue on the 6700?), but I will agree that Rev A will be nice. What are all the other qualms ya'll are having?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev913 View Post
I'm onboard with instrmntuvdeth, honestly. I've got no problems with my mogul, though. To be completely honest...I've only had it a month, and no real issues. Yes, I do wish my phone had GPS. No big deal if it doesn't, though.

what are all the other issues people are complaining about, though? my bluetooth works fine, my keyboard is peachy, my alarm is worth complaining about, but I don't use it much (wasn't the alarm also an issue on the 6700?), but I will agree that Rev A will be nice. What are all the other qualms ya'll are having?
Your keyboard doesn't work with MS Live Search. No one's does if they have the Sprint ROM. You also have dog-slow video/gaming performance, WM6 memory leaks and weak battery life.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

sandiegodude is just getting started
Thumbs down

Seriously.
The 6700 didn't come out with an update for 6 months or so. It's only been 4 months since the 6800 was released for sprint. My only gripe is with the salesmen/CSRs who swore up and down that it would have REV A and GPS within weeks. I believe that i should take time to perfect functionality of a product for the masses. That's what beta testers are for- NOT consumers!!!

I WANT BLUETOOTH FUNCTIONALITY DAMNIT!!!!
IT'S FUCKIN 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity View Post
Your keyboard doesn't work with MS Live Search. No one's does if they have the Sprint ROM. You also have dog-slow video/gaming performance, WM6 memory leaks and weak battery life.
This what I don't understand. Yes, the keyboard doesn't work in Live Search, but that's a problem with Live Search...not the phone. Second, my bluetooth works fine...what's the repoted issue with it? Third, what memory leak? My usage stays consistent and recoups after prog shutdowns. Fourth, my battery lasts all day with POWER USAGE. That's bluetooth on, wifi on part of the day, tons of calls placed, EAS (Direct Push). Let all not forget what this phone is doing internally. This ain't your mamma's Nokia.

It's like a car: the more horsepower, the more gas it eats.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Are you forgetting about Helmi from Xda-land? :=)

We're most certainly NOT SOL - just look at what's happened to the 6700. (And you're right, HTC & Sprint did NOT support it).

You are quite right. And, I can confirm that we do have custom roms running on Titans as we speak. However, this will still take some time to work out several issues. One of the biggest is the fact that the rom is almost full already and adding stuff to it is a real pain.

But, I believe we may have a WM5 version for the Titan as well. While this is a step back, it should be much faster and more reliable.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan