PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

thattekguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck at splash screen

Hi, I have a xv6800 WM 6.5, I am not a pro like some of you guys, so please excuse my stupidity. I tried to change to a new rom this morning and I guess I used the wrong rom update utility, because now it is just stuck at the second screen when powering up. This screen says codefest 2009 brought to you by XDA-developers...etc etc. The first bootup screen says r 3.42.50 d 2.17, I think my update downgraded half the phone. I can get into bootloader and run the bootloader unlock exe, and that works so I think the pc might be able to talk to it. Activesync however, does not see the device. Please help, am I bricked? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:41 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Stuck at splash screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thattekguy View Post
Hi, I have a xv6800 WM 6.5, I am not a pro like some of you guys, so please excuse my stupidity. I tried to change to a new rom this morning and I guess I used the wrong rom update utility, because now it is just stuck at the second screen when powering up. This screen says codefest 2009 brought to you by XDA-developers...etc etc. The first bootup screen says r 3.42.50 d 2.17, I think my update downgraded half the phone. I can get into bootloader and run the bootloader unlock exe, and that works so I think the pc might be able to talk to it. Activesync however, does not see the device. Please help, am I bricked? Thanks.

No you are not bricked. What does it say in bootloader, 2.40 olipro or 2.47 no2chem
Those are the two spl that are needed. Well just one or the other.
If you have one of those then reflash the phone. The rom update has not downgraded anything, it is rom nbh file only.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thattekguy is a n00b

Yes 2.40 Olipro, I am having trouble trying the Rom update utility, I read the step by step instrictions, and have done this before, but for some reason I cant get it right.How do I get the sighned.nbh file into the ruu? Thanks for responding, I atleast feel better that it is not bricked.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:09 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thattekguy View Post
Yes 2.40 Olipro, I am having trouble trying the Rom update utility, I read the step by step instrictions, and have done this before, but for some reason I cant get it right.How do I get the sighned.nbh file into the ruu? Thanks for responding, I atleast feel better that it is not bricked.

whose rom r u using, cuz it sounds like it might be one of mine?
If it is then it is already in the ruu folder
Old 09-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thattekguy is a n00b

I think its no2chem, my rom update utility does not see my device, any ideas?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Try to flash via sd card then
2 gig or less card that is formatted FAT32
the nbh needs to be put directly on the root of card with a name of

TITAIMG.nbh

with that file on the card and in the phone and the usb NOT hooked up.
Enter bootloader and follow the grey screen instructions
Old 09-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thattekguy is a n00b

I got it, thank you very much.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

No problem. Enjoy.

Ok mods this thread is ready to be moved as well.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan