PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yeah i dunno about that buffalo ny was one of the testing grounds for rev a and i havent noticed any speed differences using my mogul vs using my 6700

Old 09-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapski View Post
EVDO Rev A is in my area! But thats just what sprint tells me. They also told me that I don't need to upgrade the phone to get it, EVDO Rev A should just work, and you'll notice higher speeds when your on. Has anyone else heard this?
Thats just your typical know it all (read knows nothing at all) Sprint employee feeding you a line of bull. The chipset supports Rev.A, but the firmware does NOT yet. Can't have one without the other...

Aside from that... who here has ever known Sprint to stay true to any release schedule for ANYTHING? Thought so...
Old 09-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03
It's false. For the Mogul, it requires an unlock in the radio firmware to enable Rev A. Right now, we are only getting Rev 0 speeds.

--James
Old 09-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
here is a screenie i just took of a speed test from toast.net im sure you're familiar with the site
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0002.jpg (25.0 KB, 160 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Lurker

chapski is a n00b
Sprint customer service is terrible. I've been reading that the phone needs an update in order for rev A to work. I had a store rep tell me that and two customer service reps tell me that. One guy tried to "show" me how to make sure the settings in my phone were correct, but I think he hung up on me.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

riotek is a n00b
What do you except from sprint, hell they can't even figure out how to send me a correct bill. I live in Arizona but im gettig charged for tax in the state of tx, mo, wa, as well as az, but they cant figure out why so they credit me every damn month for it...
Previous Devices: iPhone 3G - iPhone 2G - HTC Touch Pro - Treo 800w - PPC-6800 - Treo 700wx - PPC-6700 - BlackBerry 7300 - Treo 700p - BlackBerry 7100i - Audiovox PPC-6600 - Treo 650 - Treo 600 - Treo 300 - Kyocera QCP-6035
Old 09-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Retentions

Speaking about retentions, does anyone know the number? I've called sprint waisted like 30 hrs of my life talking to these idiots to fix my bill and they still havnt accomplished anything.

p.s. sorry for getting off topic
Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
u might wanna try executive customer service number. PM me if you want the number. i was able to resolve a $350 mistake w my bill in 10 mins and he even gave me a $50 credit.

this number is ONLY for emergencies that regular CSR cannot handle. do not call them asking about internet settings and stupid crap like that.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
For those of you saying they are waiting for the gps upgrade... its NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, no other phone with agps has EVER been able to be used as a gps for navigation... i think agps is like a very minimal one way chipset...

Just get a nice tiny gps device... i have one thats 1"X1.2"X.3" and it was 50 bucks, and it works from my pocket...
Old 09-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Lurker

keefin is a n00b
My most recent update on this was that the update is to be available 1st quarter 2008. So, January, february, or March

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan