PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It would have been nice if you would have taken pics of the XV6800 you had for 24 hours. That engadget article has been out since February, and from other pictures we've seen more recently on UTStarcom's Accessory Site (http://www.buywirelessnow.com/utstar...el/1035_287644), the XV6800 will actually have blue trim around the front edge. I personally wish they would have kept it gray or black, but I'll deal with it.

As for the specs, we have to assume they will be the same as the Mogul. Remember, you're looking at something that came out months before the Mogul was released.

Just as I would take Verizon as a carrier anyday over Sprint in my market, I will take the XV6800 over the Mogul in a heartbeat. The d-pad is one its most criticized aspects of the Mogul, and obviously that's the primary thing that has been changed on the XV6800.

Last edited by ckeegan; 09-07-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Telus

borealcool is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
The d-pad is one its most criticized aspects of the Mogul, and obviously that's the primary thing that has been changed on the XV6800.
Huh? Most criticized? The only time I've seen the d-pad criticized was in a video PhoneScoop made. I haven't had issues with it myself and wouldn't trade mine for 2 of these xv6800. The look simply kills it for me
Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
It would have been nice if you would have taken pics of the XV6800 you had for 24 hours. That engadget article has been out since February, and from other pictures we've seen more recently on UTStarcom's Accessory Site (http://www.buywirelessnow.com/utstar...el/1035_287644), the XV6800 will actually have blue trim around the front edge. I personally wish they would have kept it gray or black, but I'll deal with it.

As for the specs, we have to assume they will be the same as the Mogul. Remember, you're looking at something that came out months before the Mogul was released.

Just as I would take Verizon as a carrier anyday over Sprint in my market, I will take the XV6800 over the Mogul in a heartbeat. The d-pad is one its most criticized aspects of the Mogul, and obviously that's the primary thing that has been changed on the XV6800.
Well let's see, in MY market I'll take Sprint anyday as they have way better coverage AND HALF the price as Verizon, actually even less.

My D-PAD works great, what is there to criticize about it??
And who's to say the VZ one is better??

I haven't ever heard anyone criticize the D-PAD, and yet you say it is the MOST criticized part of the MOGUL, you must be on drugs, or just a Sprint hater from the general tone of your post.

Why do people who don't even have something act like they are an expert on something???
Get real.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
The DPad worked OK for me. It's not great but is a definite improvement over the joystick.

I still think the buttons on the XV6800 (if they are the same as the engadget article) will work and feel better because of the size and placement.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Surfer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Surfer
Because of my professional 'position' I must be careful as to what I post, in words and
pics. I considered photos but saw no need do to the image that already existed...

...so I just referenced the link to that image.

BTW, I just saw/held 4 or 5 other Verizon phone candidates going through field testing.
Some we've seen on blogs, another I had not yet seen to date in pics.

Bottom line is that it appears that Verizon is about to offer a number of new and cool phones.

-Surfer
Old 09-08-2007, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealcool View Post
Huh? Most criticized? The only time I've seen the d-pad criticized was in a video PhoneScoop made.
CNET Review: "The only thing that really gave us a problem was the circular toggle; it's stiff and sticky, and the plastic button feels cheap. In fact, the top portion was actually out of its socket and we had to pop it back in. HTC makes some high-quality smart phones, so we expect better."

MobileBurn Review: "My only real complaint is with the d-pad, which is small and not confidence inspiring, even though it works accurately enough. In general I feel that d-pads with separate center select buttons are far more user friendly."

Boy Genius Report Review: "One of the extremely few complaints about the Mogul, was the 5-way directional pad. It was a little small and sometimes we had trouble selecting the right direction."

PhoneScoop Video: as previously mentioned

I could go on if you'd like.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
All a bunch of personal PERSONAL OPINIONS, I'm sure you can find a hundred others that say the complete opposite.

Funny how there aren't a bunch of problem threads about the D-PAD everywhere, like I said.... B.S.

Quote:
CNET Review: "The only thing that really gave us a problem was the circular toggle; it's stiff and sticky, and the plastic button feels cheap. In fact, the top portion was actually out of its socket and we had to pop it back in. HTC makes some high-quality smart phones, so we expect better."
MINE'S NOT "STIFF AND STICKY" AT ALL WHATEVER THAT MEANS??? NO IT DOESN'T FEEL CHEAP, WHATEVER CRAZY KIND OF ANYLSIS IS THAT?? FUNNY MINE WASN'T POPPED OUT OF IT'S SOCKET, NEVER READ ANYONE ELSE WHO EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM.

Quote:
MobileBurn Review: "My only real complaint is with the d-pad, which is small and not confidence inspiring, even though it works accurately enough. In general I feel that d-pads with separate center select buttons are far more user friendly."
THE COMPLAINT IT'S SMALL, WELL I WANT IT SMALL, IN FACT IT'S PERFECT SIZE WHY WOULD YOU WANT IT BIGGER?? HE DOES SAY IT IS ACCURATE AT LEAST. HE "FEELS" THAT A SEPERATE BUTTON IS MORE FRIENDLY, WTF, IF IT WAS SEPERATE THERE WOULD BE A HUNDRED COMPLAINTS THAT IT ISN'T ONE PIECE, I LIKE IT ALL IN ONE.

Quote:
Boy Genius Report Review: "One of the extremely few complaints about the Mogul, was the 5-way directional pad. It was a little small and sometimes we had trouble selecting the right direction."
ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER PERSONAL OPINION, "IT'S TOO SMALL", WELL IT'S PERFECT FOR ME. AND NOW THIS GUY SAYS THEY HAD TROUBLE SELECTING THE DIRECTIONS, ONCE AGAIN AN OPINION AND BS IN MY BOOK.

I could go on if YOU'D like, refuting every single one of these "opinions"

Last edited by Primenall; 09-08-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
Primenall,

I think you could tone it down some, espcially the last bit. You said you hadn't heard anyone complain about the dpad and all he did was link reviews which stated so which even I hadn't read.

Lets just try to keep it a little civil.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Surfer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Surfer
I've used both the Mogal and the xv6800 dpad...

...and personally...

...I prefer my xv6700 pointer.

Bottom line is 'this' is totally subjective.

-Surfer
Old 09-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Just because you list a few certain reviews doesn't really mean much when they are just someones opinion, I could find lots of posts or reviews where people say how great it it is.
But I don't need to find them and post them here.
The Verizon pad may be way better, But I don't know because I haven't tried it, I was just saying the 6800 pad wasn't a problem as he implied (without ever even touching one himself it sounds like)

I'm very relaxed

Last edited by Primenall; 09-08-2007 at 08:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan