PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TekkieTag is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TekkieTag
I downloaded pdanet for free on my pc and use that. but I did notice the connection problem with the internet sharing program I didn't open ie first I just went into the connection and forced it to connect first.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b
I have always used PDA net and with the exception of it disconnecting from time to time I don't have much trouble.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.
Threadstarter

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa
yeah I have the same problem from time to time but I can deal with that.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
maybe I'm missing something... why is ANYONE using PDAnet if all you need to do is have your connection active first (by pressing IE)?
Personally, I use MS push with an exchange server, so my connection is always active (never see the #777 connection screen, because push keeps the connection alive from the start).

Is it true that all I need to do is change some settings, keep the connection open, and tether to my hearts content?
If so, I'm confused about alot of the comments here...
Old 10-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.
Threadstarter

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
maybe I'm missing something... why is ANYONE using PDAnet if all you need to do is have your connection active first (by pressing IE)?
Personally, I use MS push with an exchange server, so my connection is always active (never see the #777 connection screen, because push keeps the connection alive from the start).

Is it true that all I need to do is change some settings, keep the connection open, and tether to my hearts content?
If so, I'm confused about alot of the comments here...
People use PDAnet because it's alot faster for me to connect my phone to the computer and let the connection start automatically (which is an option that PDAnet offers) also, I just find it highly annoying to have to go through that when instead of having to open IE and then wait for it to connect to Vision services, I can just hit the connect button on PDAnet and i'm done. I use it for efficiency.

MeGa

Yes, I have closed my site and I'm in the process of moving. I do have all of my themes still and will upload them on request here. The best part about the themes is they were perfectly on Windows 6.5 Romz.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Or you just do what I did... it's the same "EvDO Always On" reg hack that worked on the 6700 (I use Alltel but you can substitute your carrier as appropriate):

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Alltel Wireless\AlwaysOn

Change the value of "AlwaysOn" from 0 to 1.

The only time I see the #777 is after I disconnect from ActiveSync... I'm always connected much like the poster above without using Direct Push. No need to open IE (actually I use Opera Mobile, but you get the point) to connect. Just fire up Internet Sharing and you're ready to go.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

biglee is just getting started
Why tether....call and talk with retentions and tell them that you are considering using the tethering, but would prefer a broadband card. They discounted the crap out of the program for me and gave me a free card. No need to tether any more.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I haven't had to start PIE first. I just go to ICS, select the "Sprint PCS" profile...then connect...plug in my USB cable...and voila....tethered.

As stated in other threads, someone still needs to figure out if Sprint uses the NAIs as M.IP identifiers in ICS....because that's what they look at to detect tethering. Does ICS even use the M.IP2 mode....because that's the tethering mode. If ICS uses M.IP1 then they don't see tethering.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Gixxer76 is a n00b
Hey Firon, im a newbie but was wondering if you or anyone can explain what "PIE" and ICS apps are? and where to get them?

Thanks...
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jaak is a n00b
You already have them. PIE is Pocket Internet Explorer and ICS is Internet Connection Sharing. Check the Programs menu.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan