PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Re: NEW Palm Threaded sms app with MMS 4/1/09

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I might have missed it. I didn't do this exact setup, but this or something similar to it is in the newest kitchen build. Wondering if some of the problems are fixed... Like when I'm in a conversation with someone, and they send me a new message and I respond right away, it still shows the message as non read, I have to actually scroll up and select the message to get it to change..

also, when I scroll down to reply, and I have a signature, it starts the message after the signature.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 04-11-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hannip is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to hannip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti View Post
I'm sorry if this has been answered, I might have missed it. I didn't do this exact setup, but this or something similar to it is in the newest kitchen build. Wondering if some of the problems are fixed... Like when I'm in a conversation with someone, and they send me a new message and I respond right away, it still shows the message as non read, I have to actually scroll up and select the message to get it to change..

also, when I scroll down to reply, and I have a signature, it starts the message after the signature.
Are you sure you aren't talking about the new Arcsoft threaded sms/mms? I know that has those issues you mentioned which is the very reason people like the Palm app better.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hannip was kind enough to PM me asking to get the settings I used to get MMS to work on my Alltel Touch Pro so he could post them for everyone else to use. Unfortunately I've flashed to Mighy Mike's & Juicy47's WM 6.5 rom COPPER. I haven't re-installed the Palm Messaging yet but I will now & report back with my results & some screen shots.

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannip View Post
Are you sure you aren't talking about the new Arcsoft threaded sms/mms? I know that has those issues you mentioned which is the very reason people like the Palm app better.
Ahh.... I see... Making a new rom now without it and will use this one! Thanks!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Lurker

JesseBurton is a n00b
Question Re: NEW Palm Threaded sms app with MMS 4/1/09

So I downloaded and installed this on my Sprint Mogul, and it works great so far (I've only had it there for a few hours and haven't really done much with it), except that when it installed, it didn't import all my existing sms messages. So now every time I get a message, or I open the program it "receives" 10 of my old messages starting from back in december. I would just go through the process to get them, but it will only "receive" 10 at a time and there are thousands of them and it would take days of opening and closing the program to get them all. Is there a way to work around or fix this??? I know the TC thread says you can't import them, except for the 10 at a time, but how about just having them not import at all and just deleting them or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by JesseBurton; 04-12-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Lurker

JesseBurton is a n00b

So yea this may have just been a complete waste of my time, while it looks like i am sending picture messages I have yet to actually confirm that anyone has received one...anyone else using this on a sprint mogul have any experiences???
Old 04-12-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBurton View Post
So I downloaded and installed this on my Sprint Mogul, and it works great so far (I've only had it there for a few hours and haven't really done much with it), except that when it installed, it didn't import all my existing sms messages. So now every time I get a message, or I open the program it "receives" 10 of my old messages starting from back in december. I would just go through the process to get them, but it will only "receive" 10 at a time and there are thousands of them and it would take days of opening and closing the program to get them all. Is there a way to work around or fix this??? I know the TC thread says you can't import them, except for the 10 at a time, but how about just having them not import at all and just deleting them or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I wish Cody would've put a link to the original thread for this in the first post. Everyone should read it before trying so they know what the limitations are right from the start.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html

In short. On Sprint sms send/rcv work and mms send works (verified by receiver), but mms rcv doesn't work. If you normally get a notification with a link to Sprint picturemail it should be fine since that's just an sms message.

Alltel, Cricket and AT&T/Cingular (GSM cab) have full functioning sms and mms for both send and receive. Verizon is unverified.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK. I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I did get the Palm Messaging onto my Touch Pro & get some screen shots for you guys.

Here are the settings I used to get Alltel MMS to work. I simply went into MENU>OPTIONS>ADVANCED tab>MANUAL>EDIT and changed the info on this screen to: Email Center Number - 8080 & MMS URL - http://mms-mt.alltel.net/servlets/mms

These are the results of my tests.

As you can see it's pretty easy & straight forward. The only problem is that when I receive a picture its re-sized (as shown in the top middle pic). There was a thread over at XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=376738) that discusses a re-size fix for an older version of this program. It didn't seem to work for me but I haven't had the opportunity to look into the registry just yet.

Last edited by Mr_Alexander; 04-13-2009 at 01:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Alexander View Post
OK. I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I did get the Palm Messaging onto my Touch Pro & get some screen shots for you guys.

Here are the settings I used to get Alltel MMS to work. I simply went into MENU>OPTIONS>ADVANCED tab>MANUAL>EDIT and changed the info on this screen to: Email Center Number - 8080 & MMS URL - http://mms-mt.alltel.net/servlets/mms
Thanks Mr Alexander!

Quote:
As you can see it's pretty easy & straight forward. The only problem is that when I receive a picture its re-sized (as shown in the top middle pic). There was a thread over at XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=376738) that discusses a re-size fix for an older version of this program. It didn't seem to work for me but I haven't had the opportunity to look into the registry just yet.
That re-size fix might be for resizing on outgoing pics. I wonder if changing the MaxPictHeight and MaxPictWidth in the registry would have an affect on the display size.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor

So let me get this straight before i install on my Touch Pro. The current issues are that receiving mms gives you an error if so how would you retrieve it in the mean time time until this issue is fixed and 2) Touch Flo doesn't display the message count.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan