PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx, Treo 700p,HTC Mogul PPC6800, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

shelovezlaw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shelovezlaw
Re: Mogul for Touch Pro TEP HELP

yayyyyyyyyyyyy
just ordered mine. mine will arrive in 2 business days..
thanks to phoneclaim
Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900
Carrier: Sprint

Table83 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
So everyone who got a TP as a replacement for their 6800 is guilty of fraud? The OP's not trying to defraud the system, just playing the lottery. Even if the OP's tried many times, and not taken the Mogul replacement, it's not fraud because it's their choice to either take the suggested replacement or cancel. With it being a toss-up of which phone they choose to replace a defective handset with, why not desire the better one? The OP's just looking for the opportunity (which IS there) to get a better replacement.
To trade in your phone just so that you can upgrade to a TP is unethical. Or as many people do, they will break their phone or make false claims about how it's working. That is by definition insurance fraud. This hurts the cell phone company and is illegal. It really bothers me how mad we get when people look at AIG and get all mad about that when they rip off companies like Sprint. Just as AIG is ripping the taxpayers off.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table83 View Post
To trade in your phone just so that you can upgrade to a TP is unethical. Or as many people do, they will break their phone or make false claims about how it's working. That is by definition insurance fraud. This hurts the cell phone company and is illegal. It really bothers me how mad we get when people look at AIG and get all mad about that when they rip off companies like Sprint. Just as AIG is ripping the taxpayers off.
I think the key to the OP is that he has had 3 replacement moguls in 12 months. He has tried the system. And when other providers automatically swap out phone models after 3 faulty replacements (verizon i think), is it too much to have sprint do it as well? For example - I had a 6700. It had issues. After 5(!) replacements in 6 months after a year of use, I asked to be bumped to a Mogul since I was having so much trouble with the refurb 6700's. I was told no and took another 6700. When I got it and put the battery in it literally caught fire... Sprint then replaced my phone with a touch Pro. Was I ripping off the system?

[
Old 03-24-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I know what insurance fraud is... but you can't assume that what the OP is doing, is fraudulent, as nobody knows but the OP. If the companies were so concerned about fraud, then why is the TEP available? It leaves wide-open lanes for fraud, because it protects against theft, loss, accidental damage, etc. So basically, I can throw my phone on the pavement, and as long as I pay $7/month for have TEP, I can get it replaced for $50 (soon to be $100). And if I have a phone that is legitimately defective, such as the white spot, or other minor defects, I can get it exchanged for free with ERP. How is using their own program to your advantage, fraud?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just wish people weren't just openly bragging about how they gamed the system. If you did it that's fine since you're taking on the risk of getting caught and having your account suspended/fined, whatever. I don't want to judge what others do on this site, as I'm sure almost everyone here has cut corners in laws in one way or another, whether it be the occasional p2p download or even ripping your own CDs. Some things should just be kept on the hush hush and exploiting the system probably shouldn't be talked about openly.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900

Table83 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
I know what insurance fraud is... but you can't assume that what the OP is doing, is fraudulent, as nobody knows but the OP. If the companies were so concerned about fraud, then why is the TEP available? It leaves wide-open lanes for fraud, because it protects against theft, loss, accidental damage, etc. So basically, I can throw my phone on the pavement, and as long as I pay $7/month for have TEP, I can get it replaced for $50 (soon to be $100). And if I have a phone that is legitimately defective, such as the white spot, or other minor defects, I can get it exchanged for free with ERP. How is using their own program to your advantage, fraud?
You are definatly right about that I shouldn't assume what someone is doing is fraudulent, but to ignore the issue would be worse. I think we're missing what TEP is. TEP is there for accidents, and malfunctions that are very common on these type of phones. I don't have any problem with working the system and waiting for the next phone to be offered, but we're not talking about waiting here. Being at a party and you jump in to the pool with your phone in your pocket is a legit TEP claim. Throwing your phone on the ground is unethical.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

rob305 is a n00b

No luck still gonna keep checking the sprint site to see if they offer me a tp

i called asurion again but of course i can tmake a claim because of 3 claims within 12 months...

Ugh....
Old 03-24-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You are definatly right about that I shouldn't assume what someone is doing is fraudulent, but to ignore the issue would be worse. I think we're missing what TEP is. TEP is there for accidents, and malfunctions that are very common on these type of phones. I don't have any problem with working the system and waiting for the next phone to be offered, but we're not talking about waiting here. Being at a party and you jump in to the pool with your phone in your pocket is a legit TEP claim. Throwing your phone on the ground is unethical.

Unethical? I agree... but personal ethics aren't monitored by Asurion.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

cowboy88340 is a n00b

i just did a clam on my mogul and got the tp ill get it on wen. wooohoo
Old 03-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

When my last Mogul died Sprint upgraded me to a Touch Pro, and after 4 Moguls I may have waited with a broken phone for a month or two to get the upgrade. Sorry if that does not fit your personal ethic template, but that is your problem to deal with.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan