PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

fcastro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question HTC Y-Adapter Modification to Allow 2.5mm to 3.5mm Adapter to Function?

Hi everyone, Ok like many others on here I want to connect my mogul to my car stereo. I picked up a 2.5mm(M) to 3.5mm(F) L adapter and figured I could use the HTC provided Y-adapter that has the 2.5mm(F). After trying the setup I noticed it only functioned if I left part of the L adapter sticking out (photo attached).

Which of course led me to believe it has something to do with the built in mic function on the HTC adapter. I then came on the forum and saw everyone having the same issue and recommeding bending pins on after market adapters especially if they are running custom roms (im on dcd 4.1.2).

I have attached a photo to show that I do get sound when I have the adapter partially pulled out. What I wanted to know if there was a way to modify the HTC wire in order to get that adapter to function correctly?

I saw that gator2k83 was nice enough to snap shots of the wires without the insert for the 2.5mm jack here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...16&postcount=8

It would be great if I could get a picture of what the inside of 2.5mm female socket looks like.

Still don't get why the L adapter doesn't work. Is HTC wiring there 2.5mm headset different then other manufacturers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_002.jpg (41.9 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Threadstarter

fcastro is just getting started
Re: HTC Y-Adapter Modification to Allow 2.5mm to 3.5mm Adapter to Function?

no takers on here?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234
Wink Re: HTC Y-Adapter Modification to Allow 2.5mm to 3.5mm Adapter to Function?

you need a plug that is for audio only and then you can fully insert your plug the adapter comes inside the box with the HTC touch .I have one because my wife and daughter both have that phone and i took one of theirs to use with my mogul.this will allow you to ditch the y adapter .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work

I have my mogul hooked up to my Saturn Vue with three adapters. The HTC Y-Adapter, a 2.5 to 3.5 stereo adapter that I got from RadioShack and a 3.5 to 3.5 stereo wire from RadioShack. I connect the HTC Y-Adapter to the phone then connect the the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to it. Take the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord and attach one end to the 2.5mm to 3.5mm and the other end to the AUX input.

I honestly don't like using attachments for this stuff. It is better through bluetooth if you can afford a bluetooth receiver. The Mogul has a weak USB 2.0 connection. Sound will cut on and off as the phone is moved. Also, it will auto-dial the last call in your recent call list when the cord disconnects and reconnects. I've seen the HTC Y-adapter force the phone's voice speed dial to start up too. The sound quality is good but with how unstable the Y-adapter is with the phone, it kinda sucks.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Alltel

brettokok is just getting started

http://www.wirelessground.com/htc2in1.html

I use this.. MiniUSB on one end to go in your phone... long cord, then other end has a 3.5m headphone and a usb IN for a charger to plug into. It also has a mic built in for voice.. the call then plays through the stereo..

I hate wires all over the place and have an aftermarket stereo(non bluetooth) so I hid a charger and this splitter behind my stereo and hooked it to the aux on the back of my stereo... then the only wire that comes out is the very thin long wire with the usb on it.. so I can get in and only see/use 1 wire for charging AND audio. To sound really nerdy, I have a flip out ash tray and dont smoke so I pulled the end with the mic inside the ashtray flipout so if I want to talk handsfree I just open the ashtray and the mic is right there.. haha

I dont have an ipod or mp3 player either so I have this same setup in my boat since cds tend to skip with waves.

EDIT= and I'd like to mention that ive been using this for 1 year, mostly stock 6.1 and have used customs, and have never had a program launch or any sort of problems while playing or unplugging..

As long as you have quality mp3s to listen to (256-320kbps) the sound quality is great at ALL volumes. My 2004 vehicle has nice speakers and an aftermarket 10" sub and my boat has 6 speakers and 2qty 12" subs. Both stereos are crystal clear even at very high volumes

Last edited by brettokok; 03-11-2009 at 12:05 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan