View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:48 PM
fcastro
PPCGeeks Regular

fcastro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question HTC Y-Adapter Modification to Allow 2.5mm to 3.5mm Adapter to Function?

Hi everyone, Ok like many others on here I want to connect my mogul to my car stereo. I picked up a 2.5mm(M) to 3.5mm(F) L adapter and figured I could use the HTC provided Y-adapter that has the 2.5mm(F). After trying the setup I noticed it only functioned if I left part of the L adapter sticking out (photo attached).

Which of course led me to believe it has something to do with the built in mic function on the HTC adapter. I then came on the forum and saw everyone having the same issue and recommeding bending pins on after market adapters especially if they are running custom roms (im on dcd 4.1.2).

I have attached a photo to show that I do get sound when I have the adapter partially pulled out. What I wanted to know if there was a way to modify the HTC wire in order to get that adapter to function correctly?

I saw that gator2k83 was nice enough to snap shots of the wires without the insert for the 2.5mm jack here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...16&postcount=8

It would be great if I could get a picture of what the inside of 2.5mm female socket looks like.

Still don't get why the L adapter doesn't work. Is HTC wiring there 2.5mm headset different then other manufacturers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_002.jpg (41.9 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!