PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   HTC Mogul Sprint ROM 2.09.651.3 (old=2.08.651.4) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5987)

dmackdaddy 07-15-2007 10:41 PM

Can someone verify if the camera pics are now rotated as they should be or do we still need to reg fix it? Man, they need better bandwidth at HTC its taking forever to come down!

BTW, if they're shipping with this ROM now, its definitely worth upgrading to it. They threw this phone over the fence as fast as they could, so I'm not surprised there's an update already. Its MSFT way of doing things. Ship it and fix it with updates!

iammike 07-15-2007 10:56 PM

Still needs the reg hack. I just tested. In fact, off to find the reg hack now.

H1 07-15-2007 11:00 PM

Anyone know if this will fix the issue with outlook? Where you would get a msg and it disappears when click on goto? (gmail)

stevland 07-15-2007 11:23 PM

Sorry to ask to be spoon fed, but I'm fairly new to this stuff.

What I'm wondering is: I have a P4000 and I'd be keen to try my luck at this ROM and see what happens.

If this Sprint/ WM6 ROM screws up my carrier (Telus) settings, I don't have the original WM5 ROM to revert to.

Any suggestions?

blazin-asian 07-15-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevland

What I'm wondering is: I have a P4000 and I'd be keen to try my luck at this ROM and see what happens.

If this Sprint/ WM6 ROM screws up my carrier (Telus) settings, I don't have the original WM5 ROM to revert to.

Any suggestions?

i believe this is a WM6. i highly recommend that you NOT install this rom. it looks to be sprint users only. sorry.

Big D5 07-15-2007 11:46 PM

Alarm problem not fixed. I have tested about 20 times the alarm dose not wake up the devise when it is plugged in, charging. I have had 10 successful wakeups in a roll but only on battery power. Don't rely on this device to wake up and ring when charging.
ÂÂ*

stevland 07-16-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin-asian
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevland

Any suggestions?

i believe this is a WM6. i highly recommend that you NOT install this rom. it looks to be sprint users only. sorry.

'preciate your advice, but if there's a way to revert back, there's no harm in trying, no?

under the hood, t's the exact same phone. i don't see how upgrading from WM5 to WM6 could harm the phone, but i certainly won't be surprised if my voice and data no longer work when my carrier-specific cabs are replaced.

iammike 07-16-2007 12:18 AM

But the ROM update we have here is NOT a full ROM. It's an update and certainly wouldn't even come close to updating a device from WM5 to WM6.....at least I don't believe it is. Certainly didn't seem big enough nor slow enough to be a full ROM update.

blazin-asian 07-16-2007 12:27 AM

i agree. its not a full ROM, but only an update. this will do you no good if you have WM5. you are welcome to try if you'd like.

curiosity killed the titan :wink:

Pibe38 07-16-2007 01:13 AM

Anyone remember what file to backup to save the Palm Threaded App SMS messages? Can't seem to find the darn file name and I want to save it before updating the ROM.

Geez... I go away for a couple of days and this happens.