PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   HTC Mogul Sprint ROM 2.09.651.3 (old=2.08.651.4) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5987)

bitslizer 07-16-2007 09:33 AM

YMMV finally flashed mine yesterday after backing up all my stuff.

for me

A) plugged in Alarm NOT fixed

B) no reset loop so far(but too early to tell for sure)

C) memory leak seems better or fixed (YMMV) woke up with 22mb of ram

D) no freezing yet.

---

I did not have BT headset phone call choppy issue even before with old rom, so can't report if this new rom make BT issue better or not.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 07-16-2007 09:39 AM

I wonder if my freezing was caused by an alarm being set...hmm.

Other than that, I have noticed improvements such as more available ram (throughout the day: less drainage), and faster browsing through the phone menus and what not. I'm pleased with the update, I just hope I can resolve the overnight freezing. I guess the fact that it stopped charging really threw me off; off the plug it had 80%. Weird.

theFear13ss 07-16-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
Anyone remember what file to backup to save the Palm Threaded App SMS messages?

>Windows>
PalmMsgV001

That's the one you want.

SuPreme1 07-16-2007 10:09 AM

can this be done OTA,....by downloading the update from my handset?

jamesus 07-16-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin-asian
Quote:

Anyone remember what file to backup to save the Palm Threaded App SMS messages? Can't seem to find the darn file name and I want to save it before updating the ROM.

Geez... I go away for a couple of days and this happens.

i dont know, but i wonder if PPCPimBackup would work. it backs up everything from recent calls too.

PIM Backup does not backup the threaded text messages.

TurboFool 07-16-2007 11:38 AM

My suspicion is that the alarm fix is due not to an actual fix in the new ROM, but simply due to the unit being hard reset. Many of us, myself included, haven't had this bug. It seems like a random issue whether or not your phone will have the problem, and sometimes hard resetting fixes that.

Pibe38 07-16-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theFear13ss
Quote:

Anyone remember what file to backup to save the Palm Threaded App SMS messages?

>Windows>
PalmMsgV001

That's the one you want.

Ahhh thanks!!! :D

@SuPreme1: No, this cannot be done OTA. You need to be connected to a PC to do it.

jamesus 07-16-2007 12:18 PM

FYI I am uploading the extracted files from the update to the FTP so the kitchen gurus can start looking developing a kitchen for us...

hall316 07-16-2007 12:41 PM

I did this update yesterday. I had never messed with the alarms but set it up last night. I set the alarm and then plugged in the phone to charge over night. the alarm went off in the morning as scheduled.

DoubleJ29 07-16-2007 12:49 PM

Hi, I'm new to the site. I understand that my programs and reg edits will have to be reinstalled with the new ROM, but will my contacts be erased too? If so does anyone know how to back up the contacts I'd really hate to re-enter them.