PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   HTC Mogul Sprint ROM 2.09.651.3 (old=2.08.651.4) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5987)

winter720 07-16-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iammike
But the ROM update we have here is NOT a full ROM. It's an update and certainly wouldn't even come close to updating a device from WM5 to WM6.....at least I don't believe it is. Certainly didn't seem big enough nor slow enough to be a full ROM update.

I agree that it is only an update, however as far as size goes. The T-mobile Dash WM6 upgrade was only 46MB...

blazin-asian 07-16-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
Anyone remember what file to backup to save the Palm Threaded App SMS messages? Can't seem to find the darn file name and I want to save it before updating the ROM.

Geez... I go away for a couple of days and this happens.

i dont know, but i wonder if PPCPimBackup would work. it backs up everything from recent calls too.

stevland 07-16-2007 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin-asian
i agree. its not a full ROM, but only an update. this will do you no good if you have WM5.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

gameboy213 07-16-2007 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D5
Alarm problem not fixed. I have tested about 20 times the alarm dose not wake up the devise when it is plugged in, charging. I have had 10 successful wakeups in a roll but only on battery power. Don't rely on this device to wake up and ring when charging.
ÂÂ*

thanks Big

dmackdaddy 07-16-2007 01:58 AM

LOL. The fools left out the Mobile Office Folder from Programs. I have to use the Start Menu to get to them. Anyone else?

BTW, camera Hack Fix:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Camera\Image

Change "EnableEncodePortrait" to 0

ThiagoJ 07-16-2007 02:36 AM

Is this ROM worth upgrading? I just finished doing all my reg hacks ... Would have to do it all over again and I am a bit lazy now ...

Also can someone put a list of programs that are installed from the first rom that the phone ships with from Sprint? When I first turned my phone on, when the Sprint apps were being installed, I simply pressed the reset button the phone performed a soft reset and didn't install the Sprint stuff.

I wonder if I am missing anything important (that I really need)? I have been using the phone fine just had to configure connections settings.

toolz 07-16-2007 02:42 AM

ur not missing anything thiagoj as far as the sprint junk. the rom is worth upgrading to for sure

i have also notice a significant increase in earpiece volume as well as over bluetooth

bamrock 07-16-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D5
Alarm problem not fixed. I have tested about 20 times the alarm dose not wake up the devise when it is plugged in, charging. I have had 10 successful wakeups in a roll but only on battery power. Don't rely on this device to wake up and ring when charging.

Agreed, I'm not sure what everyone is talking about when they say that their alarm is fixed....but when mine is plugged into a wall charger and powered off the alarm still does NOT work.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 07-16-2007 08:08 AM

Hmm, woke up this morning after a night of charging and the thing was frozen completely, did a soft reset and it came back but battery was only 80%. I have all the same programs I had on before, and my phone hasn't frozen since I uninstalled Batti. Anyone else have any problems? I just installed the rom update last night.

jtrag 07-16-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot
Hmm, woke up this morning after a night of charging and the thing was frozen completely, did a soft reset and it came back but battery was only 80%. I have all the same programs I had on before, and my phone hasn't frozen since I uninstalled Batti. Anyone else have any problems? I just installed the rom update last night.

Ever since I installed the ROM update, I've noticed improvements. I haven't noticed any negative effects such as freezing. I just installed the ROM update last night, reinstalled all my software, and left it on the charger all night. When I woke up I pulled the phone off the charger and it was charged 100% with no issues.