PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bitslizer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BT GPS + A2DP = choppy music

This is not exactly a Mogul specific issue, I had the same problem with the 6700 but chalked it up to 100% CPU usage issues while running Tomtom and WMP A2DP

but I just tried it today on the Mogul and had the same issue, after some testing I found it is not likely to be a CPU usage issue but maybe rather something to do with the Bluetooth side.

running WMP A2DP + windows live(little CPU usage about 30%) with no GPS = no problem with music

running WMP A2DP + windows live WITH GPS = choppy music even though CPU usage is only about 40%

I've already tried changing the BT channels for each devices from their default and that didn't seem to help.

FYI, no problem with BT GPS + talking on phone (HSF HSP)

if anyone know how to fix this or develop a hack or work around(priority issues?), would be much appreciated.

More info...

On first/new A2DP headset pairing, there's no choppiness. There's also no choppiness if i soft-reset the phone and play music for the first time.

however if i shutdown the A2DP headset and then turn it on agian to let it re-pair, then there's choppiness

Tried WMP, Pocketplayer, HTC Audio manager... all have the same problem
Old 07-14-2007, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bitslizer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seems like its Specific to my DS970 headset. I borrow my friends iTech R35 clip and have no issues.

Anyone know how to disable the BT2.0 on the Mogul? i'm wondering if it is due to the GPS is 1.2 (R35 is also 1.2) and DS970/Mogul are 2.0 and the BT stack have to swtich back and forth between the 2 ver

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan