View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 12:58 PM
bitslizer
PPCGeeks Regular

bitslizer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BT GPS + A2DP = choppy music

This is not exactly a Mogul specific issue, I had the same problem with the 6700 but chalked it up to 100% CPU usage issues while running Tomtom and WMP A2DP

but I just tried it today on the Mogul and had the same issue, after some testing I found it is not likely to be a CPU usage issue but maybe rather something to do with the Bluetooth side.

running WMP A2DP + windows live(little CPU usage about 30%) with no GPS = no problem with music

running WMP A2DP + windows live WITH GPS = choppy music even though CPU usage is only about 40%

I've already tried changing the BT channels for each devices from their default and that didn't seem to help.

FYI, no problem with BT GPS + talking on phone (HSF HSP)

if anyone know how to fix this or develop a hack or work around(priority issues?), would be much appreciated.

More info...

On first/new A2DP headset pairing, there's no choppiness. There's also no choppiness if i soft-reset the phone and play music for the first time.

however if i shutdown the A2DP headset and then turn it on agian to let it re-pair, then there's choppiness

Tried WMP, Pocketplayer, HTC Audio manager... all have the same problem