PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ-6800 (previously VZ-6700)
Carrier: Verizon

DougWare is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DougWare Send a message via Yahoo to DougWare
VZW Replaced My Titan With A Touch Pro

Verzion Wireless replaced my Titan that's been freezing with a Touch Pro, but they sent it out as a FRU (Field Replaceable Unit??). When I opened the box, it was just a phone.....there was no battery or case...

I've talked the rep into noting my account so that I can go by the corporate store later today and trade in my on 6800 battery for a 6850 battery on the spot.

I wanted to post this, so that if Verizon replaces your Titan with a Touch Pro, you won't get stuck in the same situation and I wanted everyone's opinion on whether or not I should try to exchange the case too.

My Cell Phone History:
Old Crappy TracPhone -> Sprint LG 1200 ->
Sprint LG 4NE1 -> Sprint LG 5350-> Sprint Sanyo 8100 -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Nextel i7100 Crackberry -> Nextel i880 -> Verizon LG enV -> Verizon 6700 -> Verizon 6800 -> Verizon Touch Pro

Visit my website: http://www.dougware.net
Old 02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: VZW Replaced My Titan With A Touch Pro

You are a lucky man. But the verizon pro is so limited from everyone elses.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Well, if you don't mind a huge shortage of RAM and an ugly phone, congrats!

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Well, if you don't mind a huge shortage of RAM and an ugly phone, congrats!
It's still an upgrade to what he had and he didn't have to buy it, so still a good deal.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
It's still an upgrade to what he had and he didn't have to buy it, so still a good deal.
Personal prefferece. For me, the Titan is better than the Verizon Pro.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Personal prefferece. For me, the Titan is better than the Verizon Pro.
how is it not an upgrade you say all the time that the ram issues suck and the TP has 3x the ram of the mogul so how in any way is it not an uprgrade
Old 02-24-2009, 03:01 AM
My ROMS On My Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrycka79 View Post
how is it not an upgrade you say all the time that the ram issues suck and the TP has 3x the ram of the mogul so how in any way is it not an uprgrade
I know, the Mogul has severe RAM issues. But, despite those issues, it does NOT lag like the Verizon Touch Pro.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Its just we VZW users feel like if we wanna go to the TP we have to grab out ankles with no lube because Sprint didnt handicap thier device like VZW did (in several ways). I will say the TP is a slight upgrade from the 6800 but not enough for me to pay X amount to upgrade too PLUS add another 2 yrs on my contract or pay for one in full. A slight increase in RAM is not worth that to me. My 68 manages JUST fine. So some of the VZW users still feel shafted and the TP2 does not look any better. What else can you do except hold out for a while longer and see what else gets released or jump carriers?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ-6800 (previously VZ-6700)
Threadstarter

DougWare is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DougWare Send a message via Yahoo to DougWare

This will be my last post in the Titan forums....

My Touch Pro is running rings around my Titan, I just need to get GPS working and I'll be set.

In my personal opinion, the Touch Pro performs well (with my customized ROM of course) and feels much faster than my Titan ever did. The extra memory is the key feature and even though it's crippled, it's still 10 times better than the Titan I had. I have to admit though, I probably really pushed the Titan to it's limits. I was running several IMAP accounts, OTA ActiveSync, and receiving 40 or 50 text messages a day from work. I really believe that if the Titan wasn't so memory limited I wouldn't have had an issue with it to begin with.

Thanks for the help guys, it's been a good ride....
Old 02-24-2009, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Congrats and enjoy bro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan