PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

6700noobie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using deactivated (from sprint network) Mogul as a GPS unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seti007 View Post
vb

Yup, thats what I have 3.56.651. I might try pocket streets on it just to see if that works.
You do have the right idea though, with the economy the way it is we all should be upgrading our bosses phone just for job security lol.
Hahaha...yeah, but he actually gave it to me since it's his wife's old phone. Her company gave her a new phone so she didn't need the mogul anymore and I bought a mogul off ebay and I showed it to him being a fellow techie person and he was like oh hey if my wife has her phone still you can use it for parts. Well the next day there it was on my desk at work and he said have at it you can have it. I was like woah is it my birthday? So that made my friday. Anyhow....I did try it out with live search. I can lock a GPS signal. It just takes a while (same amount of time it takes for pocket streets) which I guess makes sense since it's the same GPS chip inside. So my problem is making the darn phone use wifi for any data it needs. I can log onto my network, router see's the phone, phone sees the router. IE and any other app for that matter just won't use my wifi for data service. MAC filtering is on and the phone's MAC is in the router and the key is correct so I don't know what gives. My 6700 goes onto the wifi network just fine. (YES EVDO is turned off on the 6700) My mogul isn't activated yet.
1 Sprint Mogul (6800) flakey as heck unit - build tester
Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did you get it working? Google maps only works with a data connection since it downloads maps from the server. 1 minute lock times are pretty good for standalone gps on the titan.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

6700noobie is a n00b

Yes! Got my wifi connection working. I guess I had to restart my router. So yes I got google maps working with my wifi. Stock rom, stock settings. GPS seemed to lock pretty quick. GPS located me on google maps.

It's funny driving around with GPS on live search without a data connection....the background (repeated refresh arrow pics) still moves around and since it's a North up map, your pointer (you) twirls around like a compass.

I'm curious as to why your device won't let you lock on a GPS with just the stock rom flashed and without qpst mods.

----
edit: now if I could only get my other mogul's wifi to even turn on....

Last edited by 6700noobie; 02-24-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Get garmin xt or something similar so that you can actually see yourself on the map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700noobie View Post
I'm curious as to why your device won't let you lock on a GPS with just the stock rom flashed and without qpst mods.
I don't know if this question was for me. But Verizon locks out the gps so an upgrade is necessary to get the gps working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

dsnuts002 is a n00b

Strange... Mine works great without service. It works with TomToms 7 and with iGuidance. and I dont need any reg hack to get it to work. I just keep the bluetooth on to keep it from staying in flight mode. But i do keep the phone off.
I have noticed that it will get a good gps connection quicker if I turn the phone on. It just tries to connect to Sprint jumping from evdo to 1x and never really connects.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

6700noobie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Get garmin xt or something similar so that you can actually see yourself on the map.

I don't know if this question was for me. But Verizon locks out the gps so an upgrade is necessary to get the gps working.

Oh sorry....the question was for SETI007. I didn't know what carrier he's on. If he's on Sprint or using a sprint mogul, he shouldn't have to do anything special to it to run.

-----
edit: reread the first post and it sounds like he's a sprint-er or atleast has a sprint mogul.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser

would u be wiling to sell me ur talk speaker as gps uses the speaker phone
Old 02-25-2009, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700noobie View Post
Oh sorry....the question was for SETI007. I didn't know what carrier he's on. If he's on Sprint or using a sprint mogul, he shouldn't have to do anything special to it to run.

-----
edit: reread the first post and it sounds like he's a sprint-er or atleast has a sprint mogul.

Thats right mine is a Spritn Mogul. After the reg hack and qpst, i can use google maps with a wifi connection.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnuts002 View Post
Strange... Mine works great without service. It works with TomToms 7 and with iGuidance. and I dont need any reg hack to get it to work. I just keep the bluetooth on to keep it from staying in flight mode. But i do keep the phone off.
I have noticed that it will get a good gps connection quicker if I turn the phone on. It just tries to connect to Sprint jumping from evdo to 1x and never really connects.

Thats weird, I could only get mine to work after wasting a complete day hacking this phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan