PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using deactivated (from sprint network) Mogul as a GPS unit?

Erase port and ip address or make zero. I use 3.42.40. I get standalone gps locks usually in under 1 min.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

6700noobie is a n00b

That's odd. I don't think you need to do anything. I bought a mogul off ebay, it hasn't been activated yet, but I can run Pocket Streets and Trips on it and have the built in GPS tell me where I am every step of the way. And I had all radios off at the time so I'm going online anywhere. GPS is just receive anyway so you should be able to use it without any issues. Just as long as you have apps that don't need to get on the network for data, unless you have clearwire modem in your car off and your mogul is wifi'd into that. Theoretically possible, but haven't done that since I don't have clearwire.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Erase port and ip address or make zero. I use 3.42.40. I get standalone gps locks usually in under 1 min.
Thanks again for the response. Ive tried all the steps that you mentioned after going through all the threads. Ive tried stock as well as some cooked roms. Ive also tried different radios including the one you are using. Ive been working on this darn phone all day today but still no luck. I do the QQPST tweak first, then the quickGPS install and then the reg editswith reboots in between. However, when I start google earth or live search they just sit there for as long as give them without a GPS fix. When I start IGO8, it works fine until I choose the com port for GPS (4) then it locks up and I have to reset. It works fine if I set the GPS port to something else so it does not try to initialize the GPS, but obviously, the GPS tracking is non functional!! Im just about to give up ang get rid of this stupid phone. Is there anything else I can try??
Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700noobie View Post
That's odd. I don't think you need to do anything. I bought a mogul off ebay, it hasn't been activated yet, but I can run Pocket Streets and Trips on it and have the built in GPS tell me where I am every step of the way. And I had all radios off at the time so I'm going online anywhere. GPS is just receive anyway so you should be able to use it without any issues. Just as long as you have apps that don't need to get on the network for data, unless you have clearwire modem in your car off and your mogul is wifi'd into that. Theoretically possible, but haven't done that since I don't have clearwire.
Wow I wish I were that lucky. As I stated above, Ive spent soo much time on this that Im quite fed up!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

OK an update. I got it to work (kinda). It works with garmin Xt but the gps fix takes about a min. If i close the program and restart it, I cannot get a fix until I reset teh phone. IGo8 does not work at all. GPS fix times are about a minute for Google earth. A strange thing is that I played around with the gpsONe setting a bit and setting them to enable or not does not seem to have an effect!! It takes the same amount of time to lock. All and all Im satisfied with the GPS functionality. Thanks for your help Drewcam.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:30 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

if you have another device with you that has a data connection, i.e. another titan with a data plan, you can bluetooth the data connection to this one and use live search or whatever too...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Live search works with wifi but bluetooth could b an option when a wifi connection is not available. Too bad igo does not work since i like that the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
if you have another device with you that has a data connection, i.e. another titan with a data plan, you can bluetooth the data connection to this one and use live search or whatever too...
Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800

6700noobie is a n00b

Try reflashing to the latest sprint stock rom. I just updated my boss's mogul that had the 3.35... rom and loaded the 3.56.651.0 Rom and it works fine too. Her's was deactivated about 6 months ago and she never did anything fancy with her phone. I just flashed that and pocket streets works.

Since this one has a working wifi I'll see if the gps works with wifi on and google maps or live search running.

-----
edit: ooops didn't see that you got it kinda working.
1 Sprint Mogul (6800) flakey as heck unit - build tester

Last edited by 6700noobie; 02-21-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

tigueraje is a n00b
Question Re: Using deactivated (from sprint network) Mogul as a GPS unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seti007 View Post
OK an update. I got it to work (kinda). It works with garmin Xt but the gps fix takes about a min. If i close the program and restart it, I cannot get a fix until I reset teh phone. IGo8 does not work at all. GPS fix times are about a minute for Google earth. A strange thing is that I played around with the gpsONe setting a bit and setting them to enable or not does not seem to have an effect!! It takes the same amount of time to lock. All and all Im satisfied with the GPS functionality. Thanks for your help Drewcam.
I just have a question, how did you manage to get Google earth for the Tytn?, I have searched for a Windows mobile version but all a have seen is the iPhone version.
Please provide a link if you can.
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigueraje View Post
I just have a question, how did you manage to get Google earth for the Tytn?, I have searched for a Windows mobile version but all a have seen is the iPhone version.
Please provide a link if you can.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry what I meant to say was mobile Google Maps. You r right. It would be great to have Google Earth for the Tytn.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

vb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700noobie View Post
Try reflashing to the latest sprint stock rom. I just updated my boss's mogul that had the 3.35... rom and loaded the 3.56.651.0 Rom and it works fine too. Her's was deactivated about 6 months ago and she never did anything fancy with her phone. I just flashed that and pocket streets works.

Since this one has a working wifi I'll see if the gps works with wifi on and google maps or live search running.
-----
edit: ooops didn't see that you got it kinda working.
Yup, thats what I have 3.56.651. I might try pocket streets on it just to see if that works.
You do have the right idea though, with the economy the way it is we all should be upgrading our bosses phone just for job security lol.

Last edited by seti007; 02-22-2009 at 02:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan