PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

ViPaDawG is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yea, same menu i get. chose new pix message. and it will bring up the program itself. tap the "To" to select receipients from the list, and then tap send, and it should send it.

installing the "easy" way should be able to solve the issues. after u install, just Soft Reset, and THEN begin to use it.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

davewvu86 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPaDawG
yea, same menu i get. chose new pix message. and it will bring up the program itself. tap the "To" to select receipients from the list, and then tap send, and it should send it.

installing the "easy" way should be able to solve the issues. after u install, just Soft Reset, and THEN begin to use it.
I uninstalled it, downloaded the zip and reinstalled the easy .cab. It prompts me to restart and does so automatically. I did another soft reboot again after that.

I went into pictures, selected one (i know its not too big because it was sent to me), and hit send. It launched the program. I entered in my other cell phone number and pressed ok. It then went back to the picture.

The picture never showed up. I went into my email and into the MMS folder and now all of the pictures I've sent are saved a drafts. I tried clicking send/receive and it says error synchronizing.

Any suggestions????

I also emailed sprint pretending to know nothing about the pic mail hax.

Since it wasn't working I also used my reg edit again to allow me to edit the server.

current details:

Server name: Sprint PCS
Gateway: left blank
Port: 80
Server address: mms.sprintpcs.c0m/serlets/mms
connect via: the internet - I've also tried sprint here
sending size limitation: 350k
WAP: WAP 2.0
Old 07-20-2007, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

umm...try this:

first, open up PIE or Opera, or connect to EVDO, and make sure your phone is transmitting. then close that, and send a picture again, making sure your data connection is still up. and see if it sends that way. that way we will know whether the app can't start the internet, or whether there is something wrong with the entire app.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Lurker

davewvu86 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPaDawG
umm...try this:

first, open up PIE or Opera, or connect to EVDO, and make sure your phone is transmitting. then close that, and send a picture again, making sure your data connection is still up. and see if it sends that way. that way we will know whether the app can't start the internet, or whether there is something wrong with the entire app.
Already tried that. Just tried it again. Tried it with IE running in the background (i'm using HTC X) and after closing it. Neither worked. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that it says userATuser.c0m next to the MMS account info. Should that maybe be my sprintpcs address there?

Also, my phone has the little EV icon on it for EVDO. Everything else seems to be working
Old 07-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Lurker

davewvu86 is a n00b
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA I'M A MORON!!!

Ok, so I'm used to looking for the little OK button at the top right of the screen or the soft buttons (new to this whole PPC thing). Well, after I put in who I want to send it to I've been clicking on OK at the top right.

WELLLL apparently clicking OK just composes an email that goes into your MMS email box. It DOES NOT send/compose the MMS/pix mail.

To send the message you have to click on SEND at the top left right next to the "to:" field. Just sent two messages like that.

I'm thinking that they should either change the OK box to an X or make a soft button that says send.

Thanks again for the effort.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nope. mine also says "user AT user DOT com" so i'm not sure what is up. only other thing i would suggest is to hard reset (if u dont mind reinstalling apps and stuff USE ACTIVESYNC FIRST TO BACKUP CONTACTS) and then try it again.

just make sure u are using New Pix Message and NOT the plain MMS, since the plain MMS doesn't do anything.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Lurker

davewvu86 is a n00b
Thanks again for the help. I tried clicking the + but I only have .2 and it won't let me give .2. It says "why give zero?"
Old 07-20-2007, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

heh, no worries about that. just sucks that one of the better apps isn't workin' out for ya.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

vegasman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by asksmity
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho
I have both programs installed and both working fine. i was even able to copy over my txt file for sms from my 6700 which is about 10mb (would cause my 6700 to frezee time to time cuz the file was so big but now runs perfectly in the 6800) i was able to test the picmail and sent one to my email which worked great. i tryed the same w/ video but got nothing.

Those of you that have the video working. Whats ur install process and settings.
Normal install, but when u take the video do it in Video MMS mode... and then send. Yea it does take a lil while going to email, i noticed that as well. To a phone it is *normaly* within a few minutes
Old 07-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

vegasman is a n00b
[quote="vegasman"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asksmity
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho
I have both programs installed and both working fine. i was even able to copy over my txt file for sms from my 6700 which is about 10mb (would cause my 6700 to frezee time to time cuz the file was so big but now runs perfectly in the 6800) i was able to test the picmail and sent one to my email which worked great. i tryed the same w/ video but got nothing.

Those of you that have the video working. Whats ur install process and settings.
Normal install, but when u take the video do it in Video MMS mode... and then send. Yea it does take a lil while going to email, i noticed that as well. To a phone it is *normaly* within a few minutes
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan